Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:01 PM EDT
Anyone ever been out there?  I rode out there on my motorcycle and I am SHOCKED at how low the water is.  There were half a dozen docks sitting on dry land 15ft from any water at all.  You could see about a quarter of the old amphitheatre out of water, and all of the hotels were high and dry.  Hell, I took my motorcycle places where I should have been 10ft below water level.  I would say that the water level in Horseshoe Bend is about 15-20ft low.  Hell, the old bank foundation was out there.

How much longer will it be before mandatory water conservation is enacted?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Conway County and Conway both are about to be in trouble.  Lake Maumelle is pretty low also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is Monte Ne?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
huh....Think I'm gonna go water the lawn while I wash my car.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where is Monte Ne?

I'm guessin he mean Nebo, but I could be wrong.

Quoted:
huh....Think I'm gonna go water the lawn while I wash my car.

While flushing over and over
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Monte Ne is an old abandoned resort on Beaver Lake.  It was supposed to be a sort of Shanga La (sp) back in the 30's.  Had a motel and amplitheatre.  Was a bidg deal.  Was abandoned when Beaver Lake was created.

It is just east of Rogers on highway 94, I think.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the memory recharge.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Monte Ne is an old abandoned resort on Beaver Lake.  It was supposed to be a sort of Shanga La (sp) back in the 30's.  Had a motel and amplitheatre.  Was a bidg deal.  Was abandoned when Beaver Lake was created.

Steve

You are correct, sir.  It had a couple of hotels, both with fireplaces in each room.  It had an amphitheatre, and a bunch of other stuff.  All built by some eccentric rich guy named Coin somethingorother.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Conway County and Conway both are about to be in trouble.  Lake Maumelle is pretty low also.

Yup.  Lake Ft. Smith has less than 2mo of water left.  They have been talking about pumping the river into it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

You are correct, sir.  It had a couple of hotels, both with fireplaces in each room.  It had an amphitheatre, and a bunch of other stuff.  All built by some eccentric rich guy named Coin somethingorother.

AH yes, I've driven past it while driving from point A to B in NW Ark.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else get that pissant rainshower last night?  We might have got 1/8th of an inch.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Same Here....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
1/8? Hell it rained all night here and almost 6 hours this morning. One of those real slow soaking rains. At least it hasnt turned to ice yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
1/8? Hell it rained all night here and almost 6 hours this morning. One of those real slow soaking rains. At least it hasnt turned to ice yet.

Yet being the operative word.  Same rain here, followed by snow all afternoon.  I dont think it made a measureable difference in the drought though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top