Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 8:00:52 PM EDT
Well during the AWB ammendment fiasco I contacted Marion Berry (well..I technically am still registered to vote there, even though I've moved to Little Rock).  Here's his letter back (spelling errors are mine):
---

Thank you for contacting me to share your Second Amendment concerns.  It is always a pleasure to hear from my constituence regarding matters of importance.

As you know, eforts have been made on Capitol Hill to restrict the gun rights of law-abiding citizens.  As a pro-Second Amendment member of Congrees, I have tgo remain vigilant to defend our rights.  I pledge to you to oppose any legislation that will restrict the Constitutional guarantees of gun owners.

Again, thank you for contacting(standard closure)

---

Now I find that extremely hard to believe, coming from a Democrat.  Does anyone (Rocketman?) happen to know his voting record wrt the RKBA?  I noticed he left himself a lot of "outs" there, for example, its up to him what he thinks are constitutional guarantees to gun owners.

On the other hand, if the guy really is on our side I want to support him.

James (who never heard back from Vic Snyder or Mark Pryor.  Lincoln's letter was pro-awb )
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a letter from Pryor. He is just like Lincoln, Pro- AWB.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not be at all surprised if he is just playing both sides of the issue.  Im sure if you wrote him a letter about how you wanted more gun control, he would reply with something about how he supports closing the "gun show loophole" and getting "assault weapons"  "off the streets".

However, that is just me being bitter about weasel politicians, there is a chance he actually votes pro gun (unlikely).  If anyone has any knowlege of Barry's voting records please share.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Just remember that Lincoln and Prior were two of the NINE asshats that voted for the AWban containing bill a couple of months ago. It's sad that Arkansas doesn't have a better republican to go against Lincoln. Huckabee will stand with us on guns, but he is practically a democrat economically.
Oh well, I am a one-issue voter anyway.
tony
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Tony,

Check your IMs (sometimes ont he new site the yellow IM button doesn't light up)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top