Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2021 9:22:12 PM EDT
We are looking to escape Nevada (mini california) and have been looking at Nebraska.  Does anyone have any information on the hospitals in the area and if they are requiring the vax??
Are there mask mandates there or not??
Are there areas to avoid, if so where?
We have 4 large dogs so will be looking for a small bit of land.  I don't think we would be very popular with our neighbors if we lived in town with a small yard and close neighbors as our dogs are quite a "talkative" bunch.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By NavyMom18:
We are looking to escape Nevada (mini california) and have been looking at Nebraska.  Does anyone have any information on the hospitals in the area and if they are requiring the vax??
Are there mask mandates there or not??
Are there areas to avoid, if so where?
We have 4 large dogs so will be looking for a small bit of land.  I don't think we would be very popular with our neighbors if we lived in town with a small yard and close neighbors as our dogs are quite a "talkative" bunch.
Thank you in advance for any information.
View Quote

A buddy of mine and his wife both successfully did the "religious exemption" thing for their hospitals, but they are in omaha. I'm not in health care so idk about mandates for local hospitals.

Lincoln has a mask "mandate" altho i have never wore one and no one ever says anything to me. Lots of others not wearing one too.

The areas you would want to avoid wouldn't have the space you are looking for, for four large dogs. Most suburbs along the edges of Lincoln city usually have big yards. In my experience acreages outside of city limits seem to be asking a premium if you can find them at all
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NEShooter53] [#2]
My guess is you are going to have be in a small rural hospital to get away from any vac requirements.  As of now the rural hospital my wife is the doc at does not require the vac.

What kind of hospital jobs are you looking to get? I assume nursing?

Any acreage outside a decent size city is going to be high $.  Rural small town area it is not as bad.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Our governor just caved on fighting the federal vax mandate, and finding a hospital that isn’t owned by a company with over 100 employees is going to be pretty much impossible.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I work for a large hospital system, there are religious and medical exemption but few and far between.  Lot of disease in hospital, lot of young people getting it and the unvacinated are filling our beds with sad stories being shared of young people dying in our full ICU's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top