Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 1:43:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is still a significant win.

This doesn’t mean state legal machine guns though. State laws will still exist so you’d still do Nebraska time if you had one.

What it does mean is if Biden passes an AWB, local police will not escalate it to the ATF if you’re caught with one. This is actually where the majority of federal gun charges originate from. If the NSP caught you with a non federally compliant firearm that didn’t violate a Nebraska law, nothing happens now. Without it, the NSP would arrest you and hand you off to the ATF.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
@olds442tyguy

Any idea if the crazy pistol brace point system gets put into effect by the FATF,
would this sanctuary state status prohibit Nebraska law enforcement from reporting
someone to the feds if they had an unregistered braced pistol ?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ghost_Dog_NE:

@olds442tyguy

Any idea if the crazy pistol brace point system gets put into effect by the FATF,
would this sanctuary state status prohibit Nebraska law enforcement from reporting

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

It’d be risky. Nebraska has its own NFA SBR law that requires compliance with federal law for legality.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

It’d be risky. Nebraska has its own NFA SBR law that requires compliance with federal law for legality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Originally Posted By Ghost_Dog_NE:

@olds442tyguy

Asking for a friend.

Thanks. I was unaware NE had that law on the books.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
@Rick_NE

Rick, Asking about LB194 here. 2A Preservation Act by Sen. Halloran.

Wondering if the above mentioned Law would mean that State and local
law enforcement would still be required to enforce new rulings by the ATF
in spite of this bill being passed (Pistol Braces etc.)?

Wouldn't it be necessary to strike the above law for LB194 to serve it's intended
purpose?

I emailed requesting that it be passed out of committee but wonder if it would
be of any practical benefit for us ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghost_Dog_NE] [#7]
@Rick_NE

I stopped by Senators Halloran's office when I went down to testify against LB482 and asked them to look into this.

I also visited with Trish from NFOA. She will ask their attorney to look into it.

Thanks again

edit to update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top