Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2018 12:32:59 AM EDT
I never have gotten a clear answer on knife laws in Nebraska.  From what I understand, blades up to 3.5 inches are legal at the state level, but only 3" in Omaha?

Do those only apply to "concealed" knives?  I see a lot of folks walking around with knives that easily exceed those measurements, but they are clipped inside their pocket so part of the knife is partially visible, or are carrying a fixed blade attached to their belt (yes, in Omaha, walking around a grocery store).

So, can anybody here enlighten me?  If I have a 3.5" buck knife in my backpack and get stopped in Omaha, am I screwed?  What if it's in my pocket, or clipped to my pocket and partially visible?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of grey area in the law...

I usually just buy knives that are exactly 3.5" or less in blade length, with a pocket clip.
View Quote
That's what I do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top