Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:28:02 PM EDT
Just curious. I just signed up. Excited to see how it goes. Seems like it's going to be a fantastic event.

More info: http://www.zombiesintheheartland.com/

Also if anyone in Omaha wants to carpool, let me know. That could work out nicely.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
i REALLY wanted to go and so did a friend or two of mine, but alas i have a wedding that weekend so i can't go.  :(
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

i REALLY wanted to go and so did a friend or two of mine, but alas i have a wedding that weekend so i can't go.  :(

Tell them to move the wedding!!! LOL.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
hahaha.. i tried to tell my wife i can't go, but i lost that argument.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll unfortunately be playing Air Force.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#5]
www-glock19-com and one more (IIRC) are going to be there. I'm too broke.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool ...something to think about doing..
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I plan on being there as a staffer of some sort.  

I'll be the guy that looks like this:

If we know who is going, maybe we can plan accordingly for dinner.  Sam & Louies has a party room, as does The Chicken Coop.
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there as well . Working the range and making sure nobody is cheeting and everybody is safe

Link Posted: 5/24/2012 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
My dad and I signed up.  Sounds a bit restrictive on what calibers and guns you can use. Maybe the packet they are sending out will clear that up.

Looks like a cool range too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I cannot go, but this sounds like a blast. Is this an annual shoot I assume? Is anyone familiar with any tactical team shoots driving distance of Omaha.
Only one I can really find is down in Texas. (Tiger Valley). But I am new to the competative side of shooting. smoke some zombies for me lol.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, Im so close to getting the VIZS package.. If I go for it, I will be driving from Ft Riley, KS. Ill have room for 1 or 2. If you dont mind my service dag riding with us...

ETA: does anyone know if they met the 350 VIZS limit yet?
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ETA: does anyone know if they met the 350 VIZS limit yet?

says on the site, that when they reach the limit, the registration link will no longer function.

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats what I get for being anxious....
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thats what I get for being anxious....

It was one of those "fine print' sort of things. lol
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Just signed up for the VIZS.  I'm sure it will be a great time.  This is the first competitive shooting I've ever done, so we'll see how bad I do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www-glock19-com and one more (IIRC) are going to be there. I'm too broke.

Yep I and beerpimp

Link Posted: 6/11/2012 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't speak about specifics, but the prize table is going to KICK ASS.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2012 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link-a-roo

Look at that names of the sponsors, and use your powers of deduction to guess what will be on the prize table.  I can tell you it's not $160,000 worth of t-shirts and stickers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link-a-roo

Look at that names of the sponsors, and use your powers of deduction to guess what will be on the prize table.  I can tell you it's not $160,000 worth of t-shirts and stickers.

160K split by  200 people is not a bad average at all

I'm excited

was out trying out my new shotgun shell caddies today

never ran a limited class shotgun before

gonna do it pump and 5 rd capacity

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Link-a-roo

I'm excited

My understanding of the shotgun classes is that you won't need to reload unless you carry less than ten rnds or miss.  Is that your understanding?  I've never done a multi-gun and I have no idea what stuff I need.  Are reloads typical in these events?
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link-a-roo

I'm excited

My understanding of the shotgun classes is that you won't need to reload unless you carry less than ten rnds or miss.  Is that your understanding?  I've never done a multi-gun and I have no idea what stuff I need.  Are reloads typical in these events?

this match is a little odd as there is no handgun or rifle reloading

I do think there is a couple stages with 10+ shotgun targets though so reloading is going to be needed regardless of SG capacity

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Link-a-roo

I'm excited

I've heard more than one person refer to 3-gun as "competitive shotgun reloading".

Look at the rules on the website and see what class you plan on shooting.  That will help determine what you should bring.

And while rifle and pistol reloading may not be required on every stage, that will be determined by your magazine capacity and ability to hit the target.  I've also seen people forget to top off their mags, resulting in the need for a reload.  And if your mag doesn't seat and falls out on the first shot, it's quicker to just reload off your belt.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I've heard more than one person refer to 3-gun as "competitive shotgun reloading".

Look at the rules on the website and see what class you plan on shooting.  That will help determine what you should bring.

And while rifle and pistol reloading may not be required on every stage, that will be determined by your magazine capacity and ability to hit the target.  I've also seen people forget to top off their mags, resulting in the need for a reload.  And if your mag doesn't seat and falls out on the first shot, it's quicker to just reload off your belt.

Yeah have not done a 3 gun in years

vast vast majority of my competitive shooting was all handgun

but back when I did I had a 1100 set up with speedloaders

The manual load out of caddies is a new one for me but watched a couple youtube vids and a little practice this weekend seem to be doing pretty well

see they bumped registration to 350 people now

I am assuming they got enough range officers now

I was hearing through the grapevine they were a bit concerned about having enough ROs

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#24]
heading out to GI

gonna have a separate picture thread

or just wanna post u here ?

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
heading out to GI

I'll take my camera tomorrow.  What squad are you in?  I'm in 15 and am shooter 218.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heading out to GI

I'll take my camera tomorrow.  What squad are you in?  I'm in 15 and am shooter 218.
squad 2  Ill be a bald guy dressed as shaun of the dead

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#27]
A friend of mine went yesterday during the sponsors shoot, so I went out there towards the end of the day and tagged along for a bit, we were with the Nordic guys. I do a bunch of free IT work for a local bank here, so I'm talking them into sponsoring the shoot next year and actually doing the competition then, it was pretty awesome out there since it wasn't crowded at all.

Joe from Red Jacket is there btw.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
We'll be setting prizes up at the pavilion (where the lunch guys have been) starting around 9am, if not earlier.  Stop by and say hello, and ask questions about the prizes.  I'll be the short guy with a baseball cap and beige "In case of zombies, break glass" shirt.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a great time today.  Only two stages did I fail to finish.  Pretty much fucked myself on them with stupidity.  Got squadded with a very good group of guys that are mostly AD or former military.  Pretty competitive, but in a good way.  

The side matches were kind of a pain with the long lines of people at some of them.  Seemed to clear out a little later. Overall, very glad I went.  I will definitely be a 3 gun guy now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I had a great time today.  Only two stages did I fail to finish.  Pretty much fucked myself on them with stupidity.  Got squadded with a very good group of guys that are mostly AD or former military.  Pretty competitive, but in a good way.  

The side matches were kind of a pain with the long lines of people at some of them.  Seemed to clear out a little later. Overall, very glad I went.  I will definitely be a 3 gun guy now.
3 guns are great.

There will be one in Louisville on July 15th IIRC.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We'll be setting prizes up at the pavilion (where the lunch guys have been) starting around 9am, if not earlier.  Stop by and say hello, and ask questions about the prizes.  I'll be the short guy with a baseball cap and beige "In case of zombies, break glass" shirt.

Strat..I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself.  You seemed a little busy this afternoon.

You did an absolute fantastic job getting everything set up the way you did.  My hat is off to you.  I won a  M&P 15-22 since my son was there.  I had picked up a gemtech and was gonna go with that, but he seemed to think that the M&P was a better choice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strat..I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself.  You seemed a little busy this afternoon.

You did an absolute fantastic job getting everything set up the way you did.  My hat is off to you.  I won a  M&P 15-22 since my son was there.  I had picked up a gemtech and was gonna go with that, but he seemed to think that the M&P was a better choice.

Damn, I should have come.  You'll enjoy the 15-22 though
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I should have come.  You'll enjoy the 15-22 though

If I ever get to shoot it.  I think I'm gonna put a can on it.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally home Whew!
Fun weekend
had

0 malfunctions

0 misses

0 fail to engage

everything under par time ( which took some effort with a 5 shot shotgun LOL  )
Got interviewed by the guy from Outdoor Channel

and he put a camera on my rifle for a couple stages
got a nice prize
and met strat81.........kinda (he was busy as hell)

quick video off my phone

killed both targets right out of the gate had a bunch of ammunition left

Impressed Rob from Exeter kept that M-60 running all weekend for 20K+ rounds

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#35]
You've got red on you..  Did anyone tell you that?

I came out with a FN FNX9. It was a fantastic match. I'm going to have to get out of Iowa more often.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I came out with a FN FNX9. It was a fantastic match. I'm going to have to get out of Iowa more often.

Nice both you guys came out better than me I got a warne ramp 30mm scope mount

I didn't get called till about 30-40 people had already went through

The sheer amount of serpa holsters and wolf ammo there  would send ARF into fits LOL

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I really enjoyed the match. Did a lot better than I thought I would. Even managed to beat the rest of my squad on one stage!

I'm curious about the final results when they do finally post them online. I know they had them up but it was so crowded and I was listening to be called to the prize table almost until the very end so I didn't get much of a chance to check it out.

I really enjoyed the MP5 and M60. My first full auto experience. I managed to blow up both things of tannerite with the M60.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:32:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice both you guys came out better than me I got a warne ramp 30mm scope mount

I didn't get called till about 30-40 people had already went through

The sheer amount of serpa holsters and wolf ammo there  would send ARF into fits LOL

I'm jealous of all of you guys! I didn't get called til the end of page 8 (they were 9 pages).

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I was the younger guy running the M60 both days, I'm glad everyone had a good time with it. If anyone is interested, I could talk to my boss about doing an ARFCOM machine gun shoot on our range some time.

Also, don't ask me how I did, it was terrible

I ended up with a $100 MidwayUSA gift certificate and some AR bits from Nordic Components and Element.

Stay tuned for fun stories about the Red Jacket guys.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, yeah.  No worries though, we'll have to grab a beer another time.  In the morning we were sitting around waiting for the pavilion to clear and I even had a chance to head over to bay 1 and shoot the M60.  

And then at about 3:30, it seemed like all hell broke loose (but in a good way).  

M&P15-22?  Sounds like you made it through the table pretty early on.  I'm happy to hear you got the M&P 15-22!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#42]
My day on Thursday started out with a near-dead aimpoint.  

One of the Hornady guys got me a new battery from his office.  

Disaster averted?  Nope.  I needed vise grips to get the damn battery cover off.  I'm not the biggest dude around, and even the help I enlisted couldn't get the damn thing off without tools.  

And surprise, surprise, wrenching on your Aimpoint with slip-joint pliers, channellocks, and vise grips is NOT good for zero.  At my first stage, I may as well have closed my eyes I was off so much.  

Now I need a new battery cap.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like they posted the final scores...

http://www.zombiesintheheartland.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Pandemic-2012-Final-Scoring.pdf

I placed 63rd out of 166 in the Tactical division. I don't feel bad about that for my first 3 gun! Pretty damn satisfied, actually.

I'm a bit sad that Thomas got 4th by such a small amount! He's a bad ass and I really thought he'd be top 3.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
http://www.zombiesintheheartland.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Pandemic-2012-Final-Scoring.pdf
I placed 63rd out of 166 in the Tactical division. I don't feel bad about that for my first 3 gun! Pretty damn satisfied, actually.
I'm a bit sad that Thomas got 4th by such a small amount! He's a bad ass and I really thought he'd be top 3.

Pulled 18th outta 58 in amateur

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pulled 18th outta 58 in amateur wee LOL  

I may seriously do Amateur next year. Too many people in Tactical, and there were no power factor differences between the two divisions except magazine capacity for the shotgun. If they keep the same rules I can load my 8 round tube to 5, pick up the shotgun, chamber a round, load up 3 rounds and take out the 8 targets and basically only add a couple seconds to my stage times (given I don't horribly fumble my shotgun loading) and be in the lower division.

Edit: Not at all to say I'd score a helluva lot higher. I'd still have to improve a LOT to come close to top 10.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I may seriously do Amateur next year. Too many people in Tactical, and there were no power factor differences between the two divisions except magazine capacity for the shotgun. If they keep the same rules I can load my 8 round tube to 5, pick up the shotgun, chamber a round, load up 3 rounds and take out the 8 targets and basically only add a couple seconds to my stage times (given I don't horribly fumble my shotgun loading) and be in the lower division.

Edit: Not at all to say I'd score a helluva lot higher. I'd still have to improve a LOT to come close to top 10.

scored 506

would have been 25th in tactical with a 5 shooter LOL
would have gotten 3rd (since only 17 shot it ) in pro and got to walk the prize table early FUCK! LOL

Oh well such is life

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

scored 506

would have gotten 3rd (since only 17 shot it ) in pro and got to walk the prize table early FUCK! LOL

Oh well such is life

Damn. Maybe I should jump up to pro and pray no one does it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

scored 506

Oh well such is life

LOL you all are inside each others OODA loop
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I like everyone else apparently figured they would get rolled in pro so no one shot it

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like everyone else apparently figured they would get rolled in pro so no one shot it

Although remember your score doesn't directly translate into the other divisions... Each stage is 100 points, the number of points you get being the percentage of the leader's score... So your score would be totally different if you were in Tactical or Pro. :)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top