Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2009 9:48:14 AM EDT
I will be offering the NRA Instructor class the weekend of October 31-November 1st.  The class will be held at the Heartland Public Shooting Park, Grand Island, Nebraska.

Our Saturday session will be the NRA Basic Instructor Training module.  This is a required class for any new NRA instructor candidate.  It is essentially a class in how to teach the NRA way.  We will begin at 9:30am and conclude about 4:00pm. No range time is needed for this class.  At about 4:30 we will start the pistol session.

On Sunday we will complete the NRA Pistol discipline.  Successful candidates, once the credentialing process is completed, will be able to offer  NRA Pistol classes as certified NRA instructors.  We will start at 8:30am on Sunday, and it is a long day...and will include some range time.

If there is interest in obtaining the NRA Personal Protection in the Home certification, we may extend the class to one more day...Monday, November 2nd.

All new instructor candidates must have either a current Nebraska Permit to Carry, or have completed the NE CCW course and are awaiting issuance of thier actual permit card.  Proof must be submitted.  If a person was attending from outside Nebraska, then they will need to have a pre-course assessment to determine eligibility.  You can e-mail me about that if needed.

Registration deadline is October 9,  2009.   This is to be sure that there is enough lead time to order all materials etc.

For additional details..costs etc. or to register, please e-mail to:

paul at shootingsafely.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a quick update.  The facilities are firmed up and some folks have e-mailed questions etc.  One question that has popped up from NE residents is ..."Does this class allow me to teach NE CCW courses?"   The short answer is that it gets you started on that path.  There are additional requirements that the NE State Patrol has, and people should visit the NSP website to get that information.

A second question is regarding class size....both on the min and max end.  The maximum practical size is really a function of the size of the facility.  I have taught at the Heartland facility before, and 12-15 is probably the realistic maximum.  As to minimum, I set it at 3.  This is not a "business" decision, it is a practical one.  Many of the NRA lessons are quite interactive and if you don't have at least 3 people, it just is not (a) as fun and (b) as good an experience for new instructors as it should be.

Remember...deadline for registration is October 9th....  this is for two reasons: (a) so that materials are ordered well in advance; and (b) if we need to cancel, Hearltland would have ample notice etc.

For more info...registration details etc.....contact   -   [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top