Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2008 10:37:35 AM EDT
I heard this the other day from a couple different people.  That Bullseye in Wichita is no longer permitting assault rifles in their indoor rifle range.  Can anyone confirm this?  If it is true I don't believe I will be patronizing them any longer.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They have a sign up that says no more AK's or SKS's due to recent abuses.  I didn't ask what kind of abuses happened.
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 1:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
They have a sign up that says no more AK's or SKS's due to recent abuses.  I didn't ask what kind of abuses happened.

Steel core and surplus ammo did so much damage to the backstop and support rails in the rifle lanes that something had to change. There is obviously more to it, but the bottom line was people were destroying the lane.
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've personally been down there and have seen idiots place the bullseye target right under the carrier holders (instead of at the very bottom).  They then send it out to 100 yards and shoot out the line or the carrier.  Then they wonder what happened.  

The weekend  newby bunch that shoots rarely with SKS/AKs are their main concerns.  (like I'm 18 and look at my new SKS)  Regulars are the exception.

Steel core ammo is still the concern.  You see Wolf steel cases of 7.62X39, .223 still.      
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've personally been down there and have seen idiots place the bullseye target right under the carrier holders (instead of at the very bottom).  They then send it out to 100 yards and shoot out the line or the carrier.  Then they wonder what happened.  

The weekend  newby bunch that shoots rarely with SKS/AKs are their main concerns.  (like I'm 18 and look at my new SKS)  Regulars are the exception.

Steel core ammo is still the concern.  You see Wolf steel cases of 7.62X39, .223 still.      

I can see where they are coming from.  I have noticed when I go in there, they usually have a lane or two down, due to some moron with a rapid fire fetish.  I didn't know they were making any exceptions, I just heard a rumor and thought it would be unfair to punish the majority for the actions of a few.  I'm not exactly a regular, but the guys have seen me enough to know I'm not there to tear their shit up.  Plus, I am not an 18 year old dumbass with a new AK, no shooting ability, and steel core ammunition.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Steel case and steel core are two TOTALLY different items.

Wolf ammo is not steel core.  If it were, it wouldn't be legal to import into the country.  The only steel core that is in this country legally is Chinese, and not only is it old ammo (grandfathered before the ban took hold), but it's also way too expensive to just go shooting off all the time.

Sounds like the range personnel don't know what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
It's their range and their rules.  You either like it or you go find another range.  Yes, I know the difference.  

They use the "magnet test".  If it sticks, no go.  Hence I don't shoot 5.45 there.  Would love to, but alas, their rules.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top