Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Thread seems a little quite. Have been on the site for a bit but just saw this. Name is Braden from Lincoln, love shooting and reloading often shoot at bigshots and sometimes at the GF's family farm near GI. Would love to join one of the long ranges around Lincoln, Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Clincher07:
Thread seems a little quite. Have been on the site for a bit but just saw this. Name is Braden from Lincoln, love shooting and reloading often shoot at bigshots and sometimes at the GF's family farm near GI. Would love to join one of the long ranges around Lincoln, Any suggestions?
View Quote
welcome aboard!

the NE HTF is pretty quiet.  for long range, i would suggest Lincoln Izaak Walton, near Bennett or Eastern Nebraska Gun Club at Louisville or maybe the range near Weeping Water.  I have shot at the Lincoln Ikes and ENGC, but not Weeping Water.  any of them would be just fine i suppose.

since you're new, have you joined the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA)?  we are a 100% free, 100% volunteer based gun right group.  we are on Facebook, Twitter and MeWe.  we also have our own forum where lot of Legislature bills are talked about during the session.  nebraskafirearms.org
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
i have read on here for some time, just stumbled onto this.. I wanted to say hello.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello, all-

I'm from Colorado but have been living in Omaha for the last two years.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What's up Nebraskans!

I stumbled into this section and thought I would chime in.

I'm a born and raised Nebraskan who lived in and around McCook for most of my life. Recently moved to Grand Island for work but McCook will always be home for me.

Any others from around McCook? My family had a car dealership in town for many years.

Here's a very armature cell phone picture of my 1911 because why not.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NE_Guardsman:
What's up Nebraskans!

I stumbled into this section and thought I would chime in.

I'm a born and raised Nebraskan who lived in and around McCook for most of my life. Recently moved to Grand Island for work but McCook will always be home for me.

Any others from around McCook? My family had a car dealership in town for many years.

Here's a very armature cell phone picture of my 1911 because why not.

http://i.imgur.com/BIoJwYK.jpg
View Quote
If you're new to GI, you owe it to yourself to visit the Heartland Public Shooting Park.  Lots of fun stuff to do.

And don't eat on 281.  There are some great places downtown - Wave Pizza, The Chicken Coop, Kinkaider Brewing, McKinney's... just to name a few.  

I'm 30 mins. down the road in Hamilton County.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Mike from Lincoln checking in.  Been lurking a while now, figured it was time to start an account.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By theBestUsername:
Mike from Lincoln checking in.  Been lurking a while now, figured it was time to start an account.
View Quote
Welcome @theBestUsername to the party!

Have you joined the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA)?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

View Quote
Will be joining NFOA next.  Any other local groups to join/support?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

IMHO, in Nebraska the NFOA does more than the NRA and NAGR and GOA.... but thats my opinion.  I have financially supported the NRA-ILA and SAF in the past.  the NFOA and SAF have worked together and done some great stuff in the past.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
IMHO, in Nebraska the NFOA does more than the NRA and NAGR and GOA.... but thats my opinion.
View Quote
That's a fact.

God bless NFOA.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Signed up with the NFOA.  Finances are a little tight right now, but  I'll start sending them some money when work picks up and I get overtime again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Signed up with the NFOA.  Finances are a little tight right now, but  I'll start sending them some money when work picks up and I get overtime again.
View Quote
thanks, i saw your username over there.  make sure to be a Full Member, it unlocks more secret forums and thats were the bills and other good stuff happens.

money is the least of our worries, yes its great (its pays the bills, etc), but we need volunteers and time.  no one, not even board members get paid.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Already a full member.  I'll be checking in on volunteer opportunities next then I guess.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Already a full member.  I'll be checking in on volunteer opportunities next then I guess.  Any suggestions?
View Quote
Being an active member on the forum is a good start. Contacting your elected officials is great too. We are in need of a video editor. If you want to help out, contact Rod or Trish on the forums, they can get you started.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Hello all.  I'm David and I live in Ashland, but grew up in Papillion. I bow hunt and fish. I am in the market for an AR and stumbled across this site and thought it looked like a good site for a nube.

Also looking to find a good affordable range.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Finnz922:
Hello all.  I'm David and I live in Ashland, but grew up in Papillion. I bow hunt and fish. I am in the market for an AR and stumbled across this site and thought it looked like a good site for a nube.

Also looking to find a good affordable range.
View Quote
Welcome to the forum!

For ranges, a good one ENGC near Louisville. It's members only, but pretty good. There's a slew of them in/near Omaha.... Like 88Tactical, Marksman, Omaha gun club, etc.

Also, Please join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA). It's 100% free and volunteer run.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
My name is Johnathan and I just moved from the Pacific Northwest a little over 11 months ago. Wasn really into firearms until I moved here, but I am enjoying learning about all the different variants.

Currently, have a CZ-P10 (No Mods, yet) and just built my first AR-15 (Anderson) I am ashamed to say this, but I still haven't fired the AR-15 yet since the weather hasn't been cooperating with me, so I would openly welcome any ranges in Omaha that I could go to, to fire it off for the first time.

Also, I am always up to meeting new people since I am new to the area, so please feel free to send me invites to meetups.

Nice meeting everyone, and this looks like a great place to chat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JohnathanT:
My name is Johnathan and I just moved from the Pacific Northwest a little over 11 months ago. Wasn really into firearms until I moved here, but I am enjoying learning about all the different variants.

Currently, have a CZ-P10 (No Mods, yet) and just built my first AR-15 (Anderson) I am ashamed to say this, but I still haven't fired the AR-15 yet since the weather hasn't been cooperating with me, so I would openly welcome any ranges in Omaha that I could go to, to fire it off for the first time.

Also, I am always up to meeting new people since I am new to the area, so please feel free to send me invites to meetups.

Nice meeting everyone, and this looks like a great place to chat.
View Quote
Welcome!

Have you heard about the Nebraska Firearm Owners Association (NFOA)? Please join! The Unicam just started a new session. We can use all the help we can get!

There's several threads in the NE HTF about Omaha ranges. All ranges will require soft tip ammo for rifles.

I don't think we've ever really done a hometown shooting. Not enough people or time. I've met several arfcommers and they usually don't stink too bad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Norfolk
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Moved to Omaha in 2010 and for some reason I hadn't even thought to drop into this thread until now.  So...

I'm in the Omaha area.  Former .MIL.  I work at Offutt.  I have a variety of rifles/pistols/shotguns, but tend to favor Sig.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey everyone!
Scott here from Kearney. Semi-retired. Shooting and reloading are what gets me out of bed in the morning.

VERY loyal friend and customer of JJ Hall at
Halls Weapon Systems
2415 2nd Ave
Kearney, NE 68847
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Stephen from Omaha. Moved to Nebraska December of 2022 for a job. So far so good. Haven't been to a range since moving here, looking for an outdoor range with some distance lanes. Hopefully soon!
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ah64pilot:
Stephen from Omaha. Moved to Nebraska December of 2022 for a job. So far so good. Haven't been to a range since moving here, looking for an outdoor range with some distance lanes. Hopefully soon!
View Quote

Hello Stephen,

Check out Eastern Nebraska Gun Club
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top