Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Wayne from Bellevue. Am looking to join ENGC mostly because I want to start competing in Falling Plates and 3 Gun, partially because I don't want to shoot indoors anymore.
Home built and tuned M4 carbine. Lots of pistols.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeff from rural Butler County. (That's Eastern Western Nebraska...where it's still red) LEO, love to hunt and fish.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Dan, South Central Nebraska. Love to shoot and hunt. Been at both 4 years now. Mostly small game, pistol and rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You can call me John or madmax I dont care. Columbus ne practical shooting
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi guys,

Name is Nate,  stationed at Offutt

planning on buying an AR here real soon, so looking forward to getting some good advice from you guys.

-Nate
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Jeff from Omaha, reporting as ordered.

10 weeks until I am done with school, carrying 21 credit hours right now so I am really looking forward to finishing up and spending the rest of the summer outdoors.

I'm just down the street from Cabelas and Guns Unlimited, so when I get the time to do some shopping I usually hit those up, usually with daughter in tow...10 months, neon orange stroller, stop us if you see us, I'm a fat gray-headed guy.

I plan to start reloading ammo in the next couple of weeks.  I have a Remington 280 that it is damned hard to find ammo for, and smilingbandit wants some 75 grain .223 ammo, and I enjoy making things.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi there everybody.

I'm AJ, just moved to Omaha starting my first real job after getting out of school. Picking up a pistol soon, need to get the purchase paperwork in order first, and I'm signed up for a CCW class in May. Probably move onto the AR obsession once I buy some more furniture for my apartment. Need a place to sit and watch TV. Should probably get a TV too ...

Doing my best with researching everything there is to know, and always on the lookout for good sources of information.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Nah, skip the TV. The weather is about to start turning nice soon. That means going out and shooting more often! Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Twelvepack:

10 weeks until I am done with school, carrying 21 credit hours right now so I am really looking forward to finishing up and spending the rest of the summer outdoors.

I'm just down the street from Cabelas and Guns Unlimited, so when I get the time to do some shopping I usually hit those up, usually with daughter in tow...10 months, neon orange stroller, stop us if you see us, I'm a fat gray-headed guy.

I plan to start reloading ammo in the next couple of weeks.  I have a Remington 280 that it is damned hard to find ammo for, and smilingbandit wants some 75 grain .223 ammo, and I enjoy making things.

If youre close to cabelas and GU. We have to be some sort of neighbors I would imagine.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VRMN8R:

If youre close to cabelas and GU. We have to be some sort of neighbors I would imagine.

Could be, I'm over in Chalco.  Under 10 minutes to either store.  Hit up Cabelas today, picked up some brass and they had .223 dies in stock, I am going to start reloading, and wife bought me a starter kit.  They didn't have the powder or bullets I wanted but I pickled up some Remington FMJBT bullets just because.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:11:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VRMN8R] [#11]
Originally Posted By VRMN8R:

Could be, I'm over in Chalco.  Under 10 minutes to either store.  Hit up Cabelas today, picked up some brass and they had .223 dies in stock, I am going to start reloading, and wife bought me a starter kit.  They didn't have the powder or bullets I wanted but I pickled up some Remington FMJBT bullets just because.

I know where Chalco is.
I am over around 120th and Q so we're kinda neighbors.
Way to go on the dies. I for some reason dont want to reload for my AR. Seems like when a guy shoots an AR, the trigger gets pulled very fast at times.
I may have to rethink that though.

Link Posted: 4/2/2009 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Frankie from Beatrice here.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#13]
New guy here. Dave from south central, NE. Mid 40's, been hunting and fishing since damn near before I could walk.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
hey everyone!

im robert.  im originally from concord (northeast nebrsaka) but now after college, i now live in lincoln.  i like to shoot guns.  they are fun.

i currently have a ruger MKIII, S&W sigma 40ve, Yugo M70AB2 and S&W M&P15T.  the sigma 40ve will be traded in for a new S&W M&P40.

any questions, just ask!

robert
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:
hey everyone!

im robert.  im originally from concord (northeast nebrsaka) but now after college, i now live in lincoln.  i like to shoot guns.  they are fun.

i currently have a ruger MKIII, S&W sigma 40ve, Yugo M70AB2 and S&W M&P15T.  the sigma 40ve will be traded in for a new S&W M&P40.

any questions, just ask!

robert

Welcome Robert!

I think you'll be really happy with an upgrade from the sigma to the M&P.  My brother-in-law has a sigma, I have an M&P, we put a couple hundred rounds through each one afternoon and we both decided we liked the M&P better afterwards.  Nothing real tangible, they both shot well, no malfunctions of any sort from either, we just both felt more comfortable with the M&P.

I just got an M&P15 as well, but it still has the storage grease on it.  I am hoping to get some 75 grain loads made up for a good day out on the range in the next month or so however.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok I guess I play too. Chris from lincoln. Got a couple ar's and a few pistols. Love to find a nice place to got out and shoot. Can't find anything over 100 yards without major bucks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Lincoln native here... historically a hunter and shotgunner, BRD is only in its early stages so far...

"my" guns (couple are dad's that only I ever use...) consist of a 20ga o/u, 12ga Trap gun, Mauser 98 sporter conversion, HK P2000SK and as soon as it gets here, a stripped noveske lower.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Dark_Helmet:

Lincoln native here... historically a hunter and shotgunner, BRD is only in its early stages so far...

"my" guns (couple are dad's that only I ever use...) consist of a 20ga o/u, 12ga Trap gun, Mauser 98 sporter conversion, HK P2000SK and as soon as it gets here, a stripped noveske lower.

Good to see ya here, now go get you some tools to get that AR put together.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Eli off I-80 in Western Nebraska. Live in Madrid, work in Imperial, family in Ogallala, Grant and Brule. Plenty of land to shoot on, looking for places with P dogs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, Cornhskr here.  Living in Seattle now, but from Fremont.  Why the hell aren't more of you getting your Concealed Carry Permit?  Your legislature fought hard (against Ernie) to finally pass this legislation.  Get the permit, even if you don't carry.  

It is pretty fucking liberal out here, I'm a lone soldier, but we have great gun laws.  Now that, that fucking bitch Sebelius is gone from Kansas, you can group with your southern neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cornhskr:
Hey, Cornhskr here.  Living in Seattle now, but from Fremont.  Why the hell aren't more of you getting your Concealed Carry Permit?  Your legislature fought hard (against Ernie) to finally pass this legislation.  Get the permit, even if you don't carry.  

It is pretty fucking liberal out here, I'm a lone soldier, but we have great gun laws.  Now that, that fucking bitch Sebelius is gone from Kansas, you can group with your southern neighbors.

Month+ waiting lists to get into a CCW class, all the places I know of don't have any openings.  As soon as my schedule opens up a bit I'll devote more time to finding a class the wife and I can get into.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 6:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rick_NE] [#22]
Nebraska approved CCW instructors: http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/findfile.asp?id2=255

I took mine here:  http://www.greatplainsllc.com/ccwtraining.aspx

Great class, nice people, even nicer price.  I highly recommend them.
Rick

Link Posted: 8/6/2009 3:13:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Porcine83] [#23]
Erik in NW Omaha- outside the city limits...for now.

I have access to a couple different private properties to shoot on but it sounds like there is a real need for more publicly accessible options in the Omaha area, huh?

I got my CCW training 4/08 through here: http://www.pftomaha.com/  -I recommend him, cool guy(OPD officer), reasonable price and flexible- came to my house!  (had a 5 other people meet there to take the course).

It's nice to see a number of others in Nebraska. When the zombies/Obamites show up you're all welcome at my place!

Link Posted: 8/6/2009 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to all the newbs. Things get pretty slow here during the summer, should pick up again this fall. Are you all members of the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association Yet?

Check out NebraskaFirearms.org

We need membership up, and some great info and opinions shared there.

Litlrat
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I did join last week due to the info I got here- thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 2:30:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Rusty from Omaha, thought I'd post my first post here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Welcome Rusty!!!
Omaha here myself (Millard)

Enjoy the stay.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#28]
J from Lincoln. Shot competition in the Army, M-16, M-14 sniper stuff, and M-60's. Did some wierd stuff in other countries during the 90's, now in the ANG.
Love the site. Have an M16A4 clone, next will be a SPR (maybe a MK12 mod1?)
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 10:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rick_NE] [#29]
Welcome new guys!!

Be sure to check out and join the NFOA  http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/

Link Posted: 12/5/2009 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Aaron in Minden. (Originally from Texas) Marine Corps for five years. Do computer stuff now adays.

Shot alot of weapons MK19, M2, M240G, M16A2/A4s, MP5s, M14s.

My heart will always belong to the M16A2. Working on my first build, and will gladly take your unwanted parts =)

http://mail.cryptospace.com/~akclark/aaron.jpg
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Welcome to the board and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2009 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Howdy y'all......Just relocated to Omaha from Fairbanks Alaska. Originally from Texas (yeah, we are everywhere).

Link Posted: 12/27/2009 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By texnAK:

Howdy y'all......Just relocated to Omaha from Fairbanks Alaska. Originally from Texas (yeah, we are everywhere).

Howdy texnAKNE!!!!  Welcome to "The Good Life!"  Hope you enjoy your time in Omaha, after Alaska, I doubt 'the big winter storm' here barely registers.  We have some good places to go shoot around here.  I bet you miss Texas though.  Welcome to the HTF!

Link Posted: 12/29/2009 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#34]
hahaha@texnAKNE (now that is funny)  Most people assume that the AK meant the 47 variety (which I'm not fond of anything that shoots Minute of Body). I didn't think of that when I picked the name out.

Is there anywhere to shoot locally that has 600+ yards? I just put together a 308 and I'd love to try and strain the barrel and go for 1000 yds.

Bubba
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By akclark:
Aaron in Minden. (Originally from Texas) Marine Corps for five years. Do computer stuff now adays.

Shot alot of weapons MK19, M2, M240G, M16A2/A4s, MP5s, M14s.

My heart will always belong to the M16A2. Working on my first build, and will gladly take your unwanted parts =)

http://mail.cryptospace.com/~akclark/aaron.jpg

I do have some take off parts (grips, etc) I'd gladly donate to you for your build.
Just shoot me an email and we can work it out.

Bubba
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Welcome to Omaha texn.

I hope you enjoy it here.

West O is my home.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks VRM
The folks here seem to be good people in spite of the big red N's I see everywhere. It is  like being behind enemy lines. Well, cept the fact I have my Texas A&M sticker on my truck. Wonder if I need to insure my tires?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By texnAK:

Thanks VRM

The folks here seem to be good people in spite of the big red N's I see everywhere. It is like being behind enemy lines. Well, cept the fact I have my Texas A&M sticker on my truck. Wonder if I need to insure my tires?

The true Husker fans accept anyone. I dont think you will have any problems with the tires.

Hey, at least you dont have a Longhorn sticker.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Doug from Papillion

Used to hunt and target shoot when I was younger. Have been aquiring some new toys.
Need to educate my son in the safety and proper use of these toys, that is, after I re-educate myself.

Would love to shadow someone at Hamburg.
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Rylan from kc missouri, now living in lincoln going to unl for school. Grew up hunting, shot trap in highschool, and just generally like guns. currently 20 waiting for the next year to go by so i can dive into handgun ownership. If anyone would be up to shooting im me, i dont have any of my guns with me but would gladly pay for ammo to shoot with you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Hi all, Craig from Beatrice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#42]
My name is Tom I live in omaha a buddy & myself just bought a couple dpms & we love them we are trying to find guys to shoot with!
Link Posted: 12/27/2010 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Bryan stationed at Offutt, though I live up in Omaha.  Wishing there were more choices for locations to shoot out here, and astonished there are less locations here to knock out a few rounds than where I was last stationed; Northern California
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Scottsbluff here.

Originally, from Omaha, move to Scottsbluff after a divorce.  Spend too much time on the interstate driving between the two.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Omaha.....Been here for a few years now, liking it so far, NOT liking the lack of places to shoot.

I should get another membership to ENGC, maybe later on this year.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Omaha here. Member of ENGC but get out there rarely these days. Used to be big into older military and Curio and Relic (CandR) stuff, but have gotten into the newer stuff lately to shoot more. Been on Gunboards.com for a long time. Cya around.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi everyone, Johnny from North Platte checking in, i just ordered the parts kit for my first ar. ive got the lower localy $85, and around $180 accessories from CTD, and 1100 rds to go through it. just have to wait on del-ton(which is excruciating) if they dont hurry i might just order parts and assemble the whole upper and lower myself and buy some headspacing guages to make it right.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, I've been on Arfcom for a while but never got around to posting here yet.  

Brian from Lincoln.  NFOA member.  I like shooting anything that goes boom, bang, pop, or pfffffft.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By alemonkey:

Well, I've been on Arfcom for a while but never got around to posting here yet.  

Brian from Lincoln.  NFOA member.  I like shooting anything that goes boom, bang, pop, or pfffffft.

I thought that might be you.

(Farmer) Rick

Link Posted: 4/4/2011 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Yep, that's me.  Finally sprung for a membership.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top