Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2007 1:31:12 PM EDT
I live in Wyoming and have a WY CCW, but it's not accepted in Neb.

Here in WY open carry is legal.

Is Open Cary legal in Neb & if so are there any stipulations??

If I were to visit ScottsBluff Neb and other places around that area of the state is it acceptable to open carry, or is that asking for problems from the local LEO's??
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody????
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Its legal in NE.  Here in scottsbluff they are afraid of "blood in the streets"  with the new CCW so most places have a sign prohibiting the carrying of a gun.  We also have alot of Barney Fife cops that might have a shit fit if they see a gun.  If you cant hide it somehow then leave it in the vehicle.  Or just do a good job of hiding.  However i dont condone such activity...
Link Posted: 10/25/2007 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some cities that prohibit open carry, however as a state it is not illegal.

However it is not legally protected, so you do risk "disturbing the peace" BS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2007 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. Was rather disappointed in lunch at Whiskey Creek, but this made up for it

Link Posted: 10/30/2007 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. Was rather disappointed in lunch at Whiskey Creek, but this made up for it  

Whiskey Creek sucks, it's overpriced and the food isn't great.  It's like eating at Pizza Hut when you're in New York City: why bother when there are much better, comparable choices available?
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whiskey Creek sucks, it's overpriced and the food isn't great.  It's like eating at Pizza Hut when you're in New York City: why bother when there are much better, comparable choices available?

So what restaurants around that area are good
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Whiskey Creek is a national franchise, they have decent food as such, but it isn't anything you can't find anywhere else.  Most all towns in Nebraska of say more than 10,000 pop. will have a local steakhouse, usually located on the main street somewhere.  I would assume there is one in Scottsbluff.  

Most of these steakhouses, while they may not look like all that much from the outside, are generally fairly nice inside and are considered fine dining by the locals.  So don't show up in the evening in jeans and a t-shirt if you don't want to look like a uncouth, out-of-towner, slob.  Trust me, I have learned this the hard way more than a few times.  One the other hand, attire shouldn't be an issue during lunch.

Also can't go wrong with chicken-fried steak at any local cafe as well.

As for open carry issue, it is local thing.  Depends on where you are in Nebraska.  Some places it may get you into trouble, especially the further east you go.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Most of these steakhouses, while they may not look like all that much from the outside, are generally fairly nice inside and are considered fine dining by the locals.  So don't show up in the evening in jeans and a t-shirt if you don't want to look like a uncouth, out-of-towner, slob.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I know this is getting off topic but Scott's vicious emoticon is going to make me have to back up my comment I guess.  First off, places I am thinking of are:

Peppermill Steakhouse in Valentine
Speak Easy outside Holdrege (in Sacramento)
Our Place Steakhouse in Ainsworth

There was another place that I can't remember the name of.  I can't even remember what town in was in, although Fairbury comes to mind.  Anyway it was in a town about the size of Fairbury.  It was the only restaurant we could find, so we walk in wearing shorts and t-shirts.  The host (maitre d' is guess you could call him) gives us this sort of dirty look and asks us if we have a reservation.  We look around the place and there is nobody there.  So we sort of stare back at him confused and ask him if we need one, not really knowing if he is being serious or not.  I think I remember him giving a sigh and then walking us over to a table and seating us.  The place tried to put on a good show and on the surface looked pretty swank for a town of less than 5,000, although I remember the table cloths being vinyl not linen.  Oh well, the food and prices were fairly decent.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I go into the Peppermill in Valentine in regular street clothes all the time and I never get a dirty look.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Here in Scottsbluff there is the gaslight.  its about the only local steakhouse.  The best thing around here is locally owned mexican food restaurants.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The Speak Easy outside Holdrege is a pretty good restaurant.  Although, I don't think it's a dressy place.  Jeans are fine.  BUT.  Jeans come in a variety of, ahem... styles.  Nasty, ratty, greasy stained jeans aren't a good choice.  But nice, normal jeans and an acceptable shirt are fine.

And yes, the Speak Easy is probably the Swankiest place around Holdrege.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The Speak Easy outside Holdrege is a pretty good restaurant.  Although, I don't think it's a dressy place.  Jeans are fine.  BUT.  Jeans come in a variety of, ahem... styles.  Nasty, ratty, greasy stained jeans aren't a good choice.  But nice, normal jeans and an acceptable shirt are fine.

And yes, the Speak Easy is probably the Swankiest place around Holdrege.  

Any chance ya know a big goober that works at the Holdrege Kawasaki dealership
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top