Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2006 11:10:31 AM EDT
Do any of you have a good understanding or know where I can find online the actual laws or what I should be reading to find out about the CCW permits comming up in January?  After talking to a few people I am kind of confused about how it is going to work.  From what I understand is that starting 1/1/07 in the state of Nebraska if you have the proper liscense and class training you are going to be able to carry.  What I have heard though is that it is up to the actual cities to decide if you can within that city is that true?  So is is possible that here in Lincoln that I can be liscensed and legal to carry but if I go to Omaha and they say no no that I could not carry there?  Are we talking a state law here or a state law that can be changed from city to city?  Like I said I am very Cornfused about how this is going to work any help would be apprecieted or recouces, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Omaha city council voted and approved CCW in city limits. Because of the Omaha win, Lincoln decided to not even try to fight it.

Here's the NSP page with information about the program.
www.nsp.state.ne.us/FindFile.asp?ID=1587
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The training program is problematic and up in the air, no one knows yet.  Omaha Mayor banned firearms on city property as did lincoln I believe, Columbus and Kearney bans are proceeding forward.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know when classes are supposed to pop up?  I know there is still stuff to be set, just wonderin.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
The training program is problematic and up in the air, no one knows yet.  Omaha Mayor banned firearms on city property as did lincoln I believe, Columbus and Kearney bans are proceeding forward.

Did they define what city properties are included in that?  Are they just talking about buildings or are things like parks and such included in that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe it includes city parks and sports complex event centers also.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I may have missed somthing but didn't the mayor of Omaha fail to enact a ban a while back because he couldn't get a majority of the council to agree with him?

Link Posted: 10/18/2006 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a PDF with the text of the law as it was signed. Its like 15 pages long but it describes exactly what you can and can't do.

I will gladly e-mail to to anybody who would like a copy.
Just shoot me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

JIM
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Omaha city council voted and approved CCW in city limits. Because of the Omaha win, Lincoln decided to not even try to fight it.

Here's the NSP page with information about the program.
www.nsp.state.ne.us/FindFile.asp?ID=1587

fan fucking tastic.

now im eager to return.  

oh and btw wombat...we're DEFINITELY going shooting when i get back. wind/snow/weather be damned.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is the most recent drat of the regulations being proposed by the NE State Patrol

www.nsp.state.ne.us/Docs/forms/Conceal_Carry_Rules_and_Regs_FinalDraft.pdf

And a copy of the Slip Law for LB 454

www.unicam.state.ne.us/legal/SLIP_LB454.pdf

SBG
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
Anyone know when classes are supposed to pop up?  I know there is still stuff to be set, just wonderin.

I saw on the news last night that they are not really sure yet.  They have to get the requirements and stuff laid out for the instructors and then once that is done and the instructors class plan is oked then they can start classes.  They were hoping to have classes avaliable sometime in December so that people can take the class and be ready for Jan 1.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]
It's really going to piss me off when the training class adds and extra $100 onto the cost.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's really going to piss me off when the training class adds and extra $100 onto the cost.

that was the one nice thing about getting my IA carry permit--$25 for the class, $10 for the permit.  $5 to renew.

getting it in a red county was a whole other adventure though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:

Cost will be up to the instructor I assume so maybe someone will do it cheap you never know.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost will be up to the instructor I assume so maybe someone will do it cheap you never know.

I don't care about the cost of the class, but I have a feeling that it will be mind numbing torture.  

At least I don't have to take it in Omaha!

SBG
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I really ought to get certified as an instructor. A nice little job on the side to make some extra cash. If I could only be assured of teaching people who weren't freaks or morons. On second thought, maybe I won't do it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I really ought to get certified as an instructor. A nice little job on the side to make some extra cash. If I could only be assured of teaching people who weren't freaks or morons. On second thought, maybe I won't do it.

have a  pre-approval interview with potential students.

i'd sign up for your class.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

well that kinda rules out most of us here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top