Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:28:32 PM EDT
Update:  We'll post updates and shoot dates in this thread for now.  We'll call it the unofficial KDSC thread!  Were trying to make KDSC a reality and we need you Kansas shooters to help.  Remember just show up for a shoot and your a member.  Were at a temporary location right now until we get something permanent in the future.  Hope to see more faces this Saturday!  Here's a map to the location we'll be at.  We've also added a KDSC website thanks to Specop007 that you can access here You can see what were all about and check out pics of our past shoots.

I'll run through some of the common sense rules real quick
1.  Always assume the weapon is loaded!

2.  Fingers off triggers and muzzle discipline at all times.

3.  Eye and ear protection is Mandatory

4.  Lets have fun  

Members so far:
Coopmandu
Metalman
Slowfire
Mark IV
Specop007
Glockluvinredleg
Deadaim100
daim500
Tornado
Spectre556
Patrick
Sam
slo40mc
Andrei
Ivan
Richard
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup...I'll be bringin 8 steel plates for any and all to hammer on!!!!! Hope to see a new face(s)!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, another kickass day shootin!!!! Coopmandu and I are doing a pretty good job on our own just tearing up the steel!!! Met a nice guy named Don who brought his SKS to hammer a little with. Coopmandu and I talked a bit more about trying to get Kansans together with us on a more regular basis. Seriously, all who post in this forum, and are near us, need to hook up one of these Saturdays!!!

Hopefully we'll have pix up tommorrow. But in the mean time, any of you who can hook up with us in this area drop me an IM or post here, or in any thread we start regarding upcoming shoots. We'll be happy to give you directions.

Remember, we are shooting at a gun shop's range, so there are goodies to buy as well, while you are there!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics up

FAL

HK

Garand

Some damage

Some more

We had a great time, Thanks again to the Metalman for the targets for destruction
Hope to see some new faces next weekend.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a good time, wish i coulda been there!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont know where you are at Specop007 but you need to come out and SHOOOOOT!!!

This is all about safety and FUN!!!

Hey COOP, where are the poodle shootin shots?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like a good time, wish i coulda been there!

Be there next weekend  We get setup around 1230.  Hope to see you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are you guys and how far it is from Manhattan?  That looks like a lot of fun,
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where are you guys and how far it is from Manhattan?  That looks like a lot of fun,

Looks like a little over two hours from Manhattan.  Were in Paola and shoot down in Osawatomie.  Let us know if you want to make the drive...... We need more shooters
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Hey COOP, where are the poodle shootin shots?

Sorry here's some more

Metalman's Bushmaster

Here's a good shot of the range

New Springfield 1911

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Coop yer killin me!!! I looked in my ammo cans and have like 100 rounds of 308, 80 rounds of 223, and a 1000 rounds of 9mm! Too bad I wont be usin the M-11 any time soon.Rassin frassin satta fratta........ I think I can scrounge up a bunch of 8mm for my sewer pipe VZ-24 for next saturday, but I got to get back on the ammo train man!!! Jeebus!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Little more heads up next time please!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Coop yer killin me!!! I looked in my ammo cans and have like 100 rounds of 308, 80 rounds of 223, and a 1000 rounds of 9mm! Too bad I wont be usin the M-11 any time soon.Rassin frassin satta fratta........ I think I can scrounge up a bunch of 8mm for my sewer pipe VZ-24 for next saturday, but I got to get back on the ammo train man!!! Jeebus!!!

Sorry man I'm kinda gettin' low too on .223.  Still good on .308 though and .3006  If your gonna bring the VZ-24 I'll dust off the Mosin's and drag them out there............My shoulder wasn't hurting me enough anyway

Quoted:
Little more heads up next time please!  

You got it! You've got five days to get down there for next Saturday
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Awww snap!  Might head down and bring a friend.  Same 1230 time?  This has potential...  Need mas ammo though.  I only have ~250 rounds of .223 and 22 and no 7.63x39 or .40....  This could be expensive.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Awww snap!  Might head down and bring a friend.  Same 1230 time?  This has potential...  Need mas ammo though.  I only have ~250 rounds of .223 and 22 and no 7.63x39 or .40....  This could be expensive.

Come on down man, Love to have you.  One good thing about the ammo,  this is at a gunstore so if you need to pick up some ammo your there.  And it will be at 1230
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Coopmandu and I have been talking about making this a regular thing.
I think Saturdays are a lock in date now.
We have been starting at 12:30 only because my wife works till noon, and I have the kids until she gets home.  I really think that if an earlier time is agreed upon it would be cool too!!!
Hell, as long as you all are still shootin when I get out there I am all for it. The steel will come with me until Coopmandu can strap the lot to the top of his car!!!LOL!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Since its supposed to rain on Sat, is this still on?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Since its supposed to rain on Sat, is this still on?

Probably do a wait and see right now.  The forecast still shows a 30% chance of showers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Y'know, in addition to the VZ-24, I might bring out the Remington Fieldmaster 22 pump, and do some off hand silhouette shooting! Its been a while since I tried to hit those damn little chickens!!! Too bad we cant get the Rams out to 110 yards!!! Oh well, I'll bring 'em anyway!!!

Heres a pic of my oldest in front of her first time out to the range. The targets were all red to start.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey metalman, wheres the kilt at? Nothin like seeing a grown man whearin a kilt, smokin a cigar and shootin a rifle on a public range. HA. When ya gonna come down and stay with Justin and come play with us? Still wanna see which one will win the flame thrower contest, the 51 or the 10" beltfed. Thats my excuse to get you to let me play with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Dude, hands down the beltfed won!! ARE YOU KIDDING?

As far as comin down is concerned. I dont know. We are putting an offer on 76 acres right now and I am all wrapped up in that. As well as just tryin to get the things I want to do, like finish the AK pistol, done.

Say hi to everyone...miss yall!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
OK ....so even though they are saying there is now a 60% chance of rain, I'm still bravin it!!! I figure that if it actually does rain we can go into town and have a beer and BS about guns!!!! Seems like a win win to me!!! Hope some new faces show up!!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm still seeing a 40% chance of showers........... keeping the fingers crossed  Are any of you guys that posted planning on coming down?  Would be cool to see some new people.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#23]
What time?  I need to be back in Lawrence and in a bar by 3 to watch KU kick some ass.  With the WX looking like it does, I might have to take a rain check for another weekend.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What time?  I need to be back in Lawrence and in a bar by 3 to watch KU kick some ass.  With the WX looking like it does, I might have to take a rain check for another weekend.

I'll probably be out there around noon or maybe a little before.  Need to pick up some 762 39.
The steel targets won't show up till Metalman gets out there though,  probably around 1230 or 1.
Hope to see you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Where do you get 7.62x39 around these parts?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Gimme 2 weeks fellas. Currently I work nights across the weekend. (Friday night/Saturday morning - Monday night/Tuesday morning). I just scored a new gig with normal hours, 8-5 Mon - Fri which starts in 2 weeks.
After that, the weekends are all mine to go shoot stuff all day long.

I cant fuckin wait!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Gimme 2 weeks fellas. Currently I work nights across the weekend. (Friday night/Saturday morning - Monday night/Tuesday morning). I just scored a new gig with normal hours, 8-5 Mon - Fri which starts in 2 weeks.

I cant fuckin wait!

Cool, lookin' forward to shootin' with you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Where do you get 7.62x39 around these parts?

Last weekend the gunstore here still had a pretty good stash of it.  Hope theirs some left.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant fuckin wait!

Cool, lookin' forward to shootin' with you.

Likewise!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, judging by the radar, looks like we've gotten most of the rain that we're going to get(and need).  So are we on?  I'm itchin to shoot now.  Hopefully I'll see you there a few after 12.  My name is Ted, I'm a short stocky guy and I drive a black BMW.  See ya soon!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well, judging by the radar, looks like we've gotten most of the rain that we're going to get(and need).  So are we on?  I'm itchin to shoot now.  Hopefully I'll see you there a few after 12.  My name is Ted, I'm a short stocky guy and I drive a black BMW.  See ya soon!

Hey, I'll be out there around 1230.  But, its just gonna be me.  Metalman had something come up so we won't have any steel to shoot, just paper.  And you also might bring your boots its gonna be muddy!  See you out there.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Another Paolan here, will you guys be out there next weekend?  I just found this thread, wish I would have found it a couple of weeks ago.  Do you guys do this every weekend?

Where exactly is this gun shop located?  What are the hours?  I need to get some reloading supplies, my Dillon 650 is hungry!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Another Paolan here, will you guys be out there next weekend?  I just found this thread, wish I would have found it a couple of weeks ago.  Do you guys do this every weekend?

Where exactly is this gun shop located?  What are the hours?  I need to get some reloading supplies, my Dillon 650 is hungry!

We try to do it every weekend.  We should have a shoot going next weekend. Hope to see you there.

The store is located just south of Osawatomie off of old K-7.  Its listed in the phonebook too under firearms in the white pages.  

The shop looks to be pretty well stocked on reloading supplies too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Cool, thanks for the info, I should be out there next weekend, provided I can get out there to pick up some reloading supplies first.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Sorry I wasn't able to make it!!!
House hunting....sigh.
Made an offer on 76 acres though!! I'm hopefully that much closer to having my own range!!!
Unfortunately I'll have to bulldoze the house thats on it and build my own!  Sigh ...again...Thought this time I'de be relaxing in my new home, looks like I will be stressing for a year or so.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Sorry I wasn't able to make it!!!
House hunting....sigh.
Made an offer on 76 acres though!! I'm hopefully that much closer to having my own range!!!
Unfortunately I'll have to bulldoze the house thats on it and build my own!  Sigh ...again...Thought this time I'de be relaxing in my new home, looks like I will be stressing for a year or so.

Bulldoze the house?  Lets use some Tannerite on it first  Good to hear you guys are gettin' closer to your own place

Quoted:
Cool, thanks for the info, I should be out there next weekend, provided I can get out there to pick up some reloading supplies first.

Cool!  Hope to see you out there.  We need some more people guys!  IM me or Metalman or post here in the thread.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be bringing another guy along with me so there will be at least two of us coming out there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll be bringing another guy along with me so there will be at least two of us coming out there.

Outstanding,  lookin' forward to shooting with you guys!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, the offer was rejected by the owner....damn I woulda loved 76 acres!!!!

I think I'm gonna have to burn the last of the 308 in the 51 this Saturday just to VENT!!!!

I too am looking foward to shooting with some new faces. Coopmandu and I have been toying with the idea of starting a shooting club for mid eastern Kansans!

The Kansas Defensive Shooting Club (KDSC) has been mulling around in our brains, and I think we will finalize some of the details at the next shoot, as well as online, for a more permanent and reliable way for us all to get together on a regular basis.

Looks like the wife and kids will be AWOL until sunday, so any and all who are thinking of coming might make some room in yer gullits fer some beers afterwards, god knows I will be!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I have to be in Topeka in the late morning to see 2 puppies off to their new homes, but after that nothing sounds better than blowing shit up.    If I can make it there I will def. join you guys!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#41]
We'll be out there tomorrow if anyone else wants to come out and join us.  Hope to see some new people.  Should start around 12 or 1230
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, we had another great get-together out and the shop here in Osawatomie.  I hoped some more of you guys would have showed up..............  Had a great time.  Metalman came out and a local gentleman "Don" helped us pumel a few pieces of steel and paper  

Anyway, here's some pics of todays fun.  Remember guys were out there every Saturday......... Anyone and everyone is welcome to show up.

My Daughter with Dad's LMT

And another

Metalman and his FAL (Nice Brass shot)

Metalman's VZ-24

My FAL and I

Don on the AR and me with my Romy AK

My daughter with the .22

Don with his K-31

Metaman's hardware

Some more stuff we brought

The day's results!!!

More pics to follow................
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I too am looking foward to shooting with some new faces. Coopmandu and I have been toying with the idea of starting a shooting club for mid eastern Kansans!

The Kansas Defensive Shooting Club (KDSC) has been mulling around in our brains, and I think we will finalize some of the details at the next shoot, as well as online, for a more permanent and reliable way for us all to get together on a regular basis.

Just gonna add, were really gonna give this a try...........  I'm gonna post a seperate thread tomorrow and see how many people we can get tentatively signed up here.  We got a regular spot to shoot right now, its nothin' fancy but it gets the job done

When Metalman gets his land bought, then we can really expand this thing and maybe go with some courses of fire and whatever else we can come up with.

I think this will really take off here in Kansas.  I see there's alot of shooters here with no place to shoot.

Thanks again guys
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry I did not make it out there today, my wife ended up working today which never happens.  Anyway, long story short I ended up sitting with the kids most of the day and it woould have been to late by the time I got out there.  I will be out there next weekend M1A and 1911 in hand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Sorry I did not make it out there today, my wife ended up working today which never happens.  Anyway, long story short I ended up sitting with the kids most of the day and it woould have been to late by the time I got out there.  I will be out there next weekend M1A and 1911 in hand.

No problem man, stuff happens.  BUT were gonna hold you to next weekend!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Everybody going to be out there today?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Everybody going to be out there today?

Yes we are  Sorry I didn't update the post this week.  We'll be set up between 12:30 and 1:00
Lookin' forward to shootin' with you.  I also IM'd you my phone #
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool, I will be there!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:59:12 AM EDT
[#49]
I'll be there with my oldest daugther in tow, as well as all the steel!!!

ITS HAMMERIN' TIME!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#50]
We had a great time today...........  Member Mark IV showed up with a very nice M1A and Colt 1911.  His M1a is one sweet shooter!

Were ready to go next weekend if any of you guys want to come let me know..........................
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top