Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 11:48:50 AM EDT
I will be attending a conference in Omaha this weekend and would like to bring a pistol with me.  I understand the state doesn't allow concealed carry and Omaha limits open carry to those that are licensed.

All I want to do is fly to Omaha with a pistol in a locked case and keep it in my hotel.  Is this legal?

Thanks,
Jim

Packing.org had the following info:
(b) In all other cases, it shall be unlawful for a person to go armed with a loaded concealable firearm of any kind or to knowingly carry or transport a concealable firearm in a motor vehicle, provided, however, that this section shall not apply to the following persons:
(5) Persons who for any lawful purpose carry or transport an unloaded concealable firearm in a vehicle inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person or inside a cargo or luggage compartment where the concealable firearm will not be readily accessible to any person riding in the vehicle or common carrier.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]

I will be attending a conference in Omaha this weekend and would like to bring a pistol with me. I understand the state doesn't allow concealed carry and Omaha limits open carry to those that are licensed.

Correct on both counts.

And I believe you would be legal, but you can IM Wombat_SCSO and ask him just to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

All I want to do is fly to Omaha with a pistol in a locked case and keep it in my hotel.  Is this legal?

Thanks,
Jim

As far as I can tell, yes.

ETA: Welcome to Omaha!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I'm here and totally unarmed...what's the use of bringing a pistol if I can't carry it?

Omaha is alot nicer than I expected and I'm headed to the Old Market tonight.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the red state that doesn't seem to act like one often enough.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome to the red state that doesn't seem to act like one often enough.

LMAO oh so painfully true.  and what isn't prohibited will probably get you harassed.

only ventured to omaha once with guns, to spend some time at the bullet hole.  good times, it was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top