Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2022 7:38:24 AM EDT
I want some ammo that I can not find locally.

So, for the first time in my life, I am looking at buying ammo online.

It seems like a lot of places won't ship to Alaska at all. It is either not listed in their cart checkout or it actually says can not/will not ship to Alaska/my zip code. Or it is ridiculously expensive. As far as I know it is not legal or possible to ship ammo in the US mail.

I do not reload so hipping components is not an options.

Are there business or shops here in Alaska where I can place an order?

Suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

Thanks.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally know a guy who runs an FFL and according to him, almost all ammo is still allocated by the distributors, meaning he can't just place an order for X amount of Y caliber and get what he wants. He can only get what he's allocated. Maybe call around and let us know what you come up with. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#2]
Carlisle and AFF will forward ammo up here if you can get it shipped to their freight centers in Seattle.  That said, unless you're ordering a quarter pallet worth it's not worth the squeeze.  Last I heard it was $1-300 to forward up.  Otherwise, most ammo is allocated at the dealer level through the vendors I used to use.  There are a couple places in state that load like 49th State Ammo, but I have zero idea on their quality or price.

Personally I just fly home with 50# of ammo whenever I have to head south.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Can also drive north thru Canada with 50k centerfire cartridges for personal use.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If you sign up for a carlile “my connect” account they will ship Ammo up for you pretty cheap. Give them a call and get the details. I haven’t personally done it but know someone who has.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't drive through canada hardly at all now, plus I thought it was 5,000?

tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:39:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeonardC] [#6]
I always kept to the 5K limit when going through Canada.  No permit required and min. problems..."Where are the guns for all that ammo, primers, cases, etc."...at least 3 times. There is a way to get a permit to move more.

Edit: We understood that to be 5K per person and stated such at the boarder: "We have less than 5K pieces of ammo, primers, and cases per person."
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeonardC:
I always kept to the 5K limit when going through Canada.  No permit required and min. problems..."Where are the guns for all that ammo, primers, cases, etc."...at least 3 times. There is a way to get a permit to move more.

Edit: We understood that to be 5K per person and stated such at the boarder: "We have less than 5K pieces of ammo, primers, and cases per person."
View Quote

It’s 50,000 for transport.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, you can move up to 50,000 XYZ through Canada IF you fill out their forms, get them approved, and pay $$$ fees.  I haven't done that because it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.  Have you done it?

I have moved up to 5,000 XYZ through Canada several times.  Told the nice person at the boarder I have no more that 5,000 XYZ (or words to that affect) and answer any questions he/she had.  No forms, no fees.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:34:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeonardC:
Yes, you can move up to 50,000 XYZ through Canada IF you fill out their forms, get them approved, and pay $$$ fees.  I haven't done that because it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.  Have you done it?

I have moved up to 5,000 XYZ through Canada several times.  Told the nice person at the boarder I have no more that 5,000 XYZ (or words to that affect) and answer any questions he/she had.  No forms, no fees.
View Quote

Over 40,000 rounds, no forms or fees in October. 19k were primers and maxed out the powder allotment. Beaver Creek didn’t bat an eye, just wanted to see it locked up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
"Never say Never."  You got me there.  I've never tried to travel from AK to L48, always from L48 to AK.  The Canadian BP agents we met along the WA-Canada border have always been by-the-book, professional types.  They were nice to us, but we always had our papers in order and followed the rules. We never had them look at our stuff, but we always had an accurate count if they asked for exact numbers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I also did the max 50k rounds with no forms or fees in January.

Powder is limited to 16# with no forms. I applied for a Canadian “in transit/personal use” explosives permit to bring up more than 16# ( think I had around 200#). Application wAs all online and very simple, no fees associated and I was approved within 36hrs.

You are required to have “Explosives!” Placards on your vehicle while transiting thru Canada and powder cannot be in a towed vehicle, so my cab was packed full haha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top