Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2021 5:35:44 PM EDT
I'm up for a tracer shoot around New Years in Fairbanks, wouldn't be long unless I can get my hands on more tracer ammo though.  I like to shoot tracers full auto at steel and watch the tracers fan out in the sky.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t have any tracers but I too like to party. Bird bangers is about as close as I got.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm down.

Hopefully we get blessed with one of those 30 degree New years Eves
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 20iner:
I'm down.

Hopefully we get blessed with one of those 30 degree New years Eves
View Quote

-30!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's not too cold, I'd be down to pop out for a bit.  Assuming my car doesn't get stuck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
I'm up for a tracer shoot around New Years in Fairbanks, wouldn't be long unless I can get my hands on more tracer ammo though.  I like to shoot tracers full auto at steel and watch the tracers fan out in the sky.
View Quote

.30 or 556 ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:42:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#7]
Originally Posted By JW:

.30 or 556 ?
View Quote
Well for me I have 22LR, 9mm, 40, 5.56, .308, and my buddy is covering 50BMG.  Right now I can only fire 5.56 and 9mm in full auto or simulated.  In 8 months or so .308 cause my 1919 isn't really working right now but I got something else coming in.  My buddy can do .50bmg in full auto. 8 months or so, will have another friend that can do 22LR in full auto.  Full auto tracer at steel is the best show of all, makes them go everywhere.

Honestly the Piney Mtn. red rimfire tracer I tried is amazing, better than the 5.56 I've shot.  Went past the berm.  Green rimfire tracer from same company, not so much.  Same with the Vector tracer I have in 9 and .40 which are bright whitish and don't go far.  That's what I'm shooting in the gif I posted above with a green laser below it.

Yesterday I used some .40 tracer to dial in my $49 optic on a new .40 Hipoint carbine to hit my steel triangle at 100 yards (paddle is 5").
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Dan, did you notice in that video of me shooting tracer that night the Vector doesn't even seem to leave a constant trace out of the gun?  At least one trace seemed to end a few feet from the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
Hey Dan, did you notice in that video of me shooting tracer that night the Vector doesn't even seem to leave a constant trace out of the gun?  At least one trace seemed to end a few feet from the barrel?
View Quote

Yeah, there was super inconsistent ignition with them.  That's the problem we had with Tim and Kirsta too, as some of the rounds would have all the phosphor (or whatever tracer material) ignite the moment it touched ambient air.  Couldn't tell you if it's the compound aged poorly or it just kinda sucked in general, but I think it was around a 10% fuckery rate for that box.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be up for New Years. No Full auto, but plenty of tracer and steel to shoot. hell, I'm in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top