Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2021 10:44:27 PM EDT
Trying to plan a trip, will need a vehicle from July 1-2 till the 7-8th…. Apparently they’re already booked?

Am I searching wrong or is there other options? Looking to go to Seward/Talkeetna/Wittier

Only thing I found was a traverse for $4k a week and I’m not about that
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Also take a look on Turo! It’s like AirBnB for vehicles. We just rented a Subaru Legacy for $500 for 9 days.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:14:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#2]
Originally Posted By RUSSIANCATKILLA:
Trying to plan a trip, will need a vehicle from July 1-2 till the 7-8th. Apparently they're already booked?

Am I searching wrong or is there other options? Looking to go to Seward/Talkeetna/Wittier

Only thing I found was a traverse for $4k a week and I'm not about that
View Quote
Check out Turo

Private people renting out their cars to help the demand for rental cars www.turo.com

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
All booked up, I told people I know who are visiting this summer to book their cars back in March.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you were going to stay in one general area get a uhaul pickup for $20 a day. But with all that driving the .99 a mile would add up quick.

At 4K it’s almost worth buying a $2,000 beater then selling it when you are done.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking at RV rental but those are all gone to.  Will look at Turo.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:17:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Looking at RV rental but those are all gone to.  Will look at Turo.
View Quote
If you can't find anything on Turo, let me know. I'll list my vehicle and only lend it out to you when we IM each other's deets.

The vehicle is a 2016 Subaru Forester with 17,000 miles on it, it's not a junker that will crap out on the road.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I was driving near the airport, it looks like this DMV contractor is renting cars. Check them out, they're about a mile from the airport terminal.

https://alaskadmvservices.com/

Across the street is this place

https://www.thrifty.com/loc/ll/us/ak/anchorage-spenard/3730-spenard-rd/

They may fly under the radar of Google searches and have inventory to rent.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By raven:
If you can't find anything on Turo, let me know. I'll list my vehicle and only lend it out to you when we IM each other's deets.

The vehicle is a 2016 Subaru Forester with 17,000 miles on it, it's not a junker that will crap out on the road.
View Quote

I’ll keep you in mind.  Appreciate the offer.  Don’t see anything on the DMV website, will have to call I guess on Monday.
The other link just said error when I put the dates in so I assume they don’t have anything.

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]

I'll keep you in mind.  Appreciate the offer.  Don't see anything on the DMV website, will have to call I guess on Monday.
The other link just said error when I put the dates in so I assume they don't have anything.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'll keep you in mind.  Appreciate the offer.  Don't see anything on the DMV website, will have to call I guess on Monday.
The other link just said error when I put the dates in so I assume they don't have anything.

Yeah, there's nothing on the website, but I drove by and they had a homemade sign saying "Subarus for rent" so you may be able to snag a car rental other tourists aren't able to spot.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, there's nothing on the website, but I drove by and they had a homemade sign saying "Subarus for rent" so you may be able to snag a car rental other tourists aren't able to spot.
View Quote

So the Turo car I tried to reserve kicked back an email saying it’s now unavailable during those dates.

Will try calling the DMV place.

Raven sending an IM.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]

So the Turo car I tried to reserve kicked back an email saying it's now unavailable during those dates.

Raven sending an IM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So the Turo car I tried to reserve kicked back an email saying it's now unavailable during those dates.

Raven sending an IM.
The DMV contractor company has offices across Anchorage. I saw the sign at the Spenard Rd and Minnesota Dr location.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Alaska 4x4 Rentals is located in the North Terminal here in Anchorage. Not sure about their inventory but people have been manning their office. Worth a shot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I looked at the 4x4 rental place, really got my hopes up when they had a vehicle with a rooftop tent but all they had available was a trailer which doesn’t do much good if I don’t have a vehicle to tow it with
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Not the OP, but thanks for the Turo recommendation, y'all! Going to need it in September.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top