Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2021 7:50:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats the price and when are you planning the course?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.

I took one from Will at Semper Paratus about 10 years ago. Like to see another course of instruction.

Be aware that Aug 10 is caribou opening, and anything then (and until the second weekend after that) is hard to fill.

Link Posted: 3/11/2021 7:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#4]
I'm interested depending if I'm off on the day. I am LE but did not apply for this round of armorers course but wouldn't mind paying out of pocket for the training and cert. Assuming the class and cert is the same as the LE course.

Edit: subbed and I guess I should specify I am in Anchorage.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a friend (not on ARF) that will be coming.

Working on another couple individuals.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alaskas:
I'm in.

I took one from Will at Semper Paratus about 10 years ago. Like to see another course of instruction.

Be aware that Aug 10 is caribou opening, and anything then (and until the second weekend after that) is hard to fill.

View Quote

Me too.  

To be honest, I was a little disappointed in that course.  There was not much in it that you could not find in the tech forums here, if you could discern the good from the bad info.  

I was into barrel making and machine work back then and was looking for something else than what he taught.

I found it irritating he seemed ignorant of the AR scene as it existed before 2000 or so - what was deemed legal and what was not, and what crap parts really were.  It was not just YFS screws on a bolt key.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Depending on when yes I would be interested.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alaskas] [#10]
Will did his class at Birchwood Shooting Park in the Shotgun clubhouse. I thought the venue was OK.

Only downside to Birchwood is lunch; you have to bring lunch as there are no restaurants nearby for a quick lunch. There are restaurants, but you have to drive, sit, order, wait, eat, drive back. So either bring your own lunch (what that class did), or get food delivered, or pre-order with a nearby restaurant and have food tabled and ready at X time for the class to arrive.

If you just need a classroom and sturdy tables, there are probably places in Anchorage that would be ok with a gun class. Probably not the national hotels, but maybe local, or Viking Hall, a Lions Clubhouse, or even partner with Steve at Alaska Tactical, or James at Valley Armory, or Sterling at Arctic Ammo.

ETA: Mat Valley Sportsmans indoor range in Palmer. They have a lobby/room with a bunch of tables. My CHP class had two days there. Duh!

ETA: Those dates work. I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:32:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#11]
Originally Posted By alaskas:Only downside to Birchwood is lunch; you have to bring lunch as there are no restaurants nearby for a quick lunch. There are restaurants, but you have to drive, sit, order, wait, eat, drive back. So either bring your own lunch (what that class did), or get food delivered, or pre-order with a nearby restaurant and have food tabled and ready at X time for the class to arrive.
View Quote

Three Bears is good for a quick lunch break. For OP, it's just outside of the range (like a mini "country" Costco w/ a deli). It's not a place for everyone to sit and eat together but a place to get food, drink, or snacks if needed. Worked well for me getting a quick lunch during range days, so I think it will be fine for this venue.

ETA: Not that I'm saying Birchwood is the best venue (I have a membership but never taken a class there), but rather I think lunch is ok. I'm down for wherever. I also have those dates off and am still in.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SLR15:
Thanks to all who pointed us towards the Mat Valley Sportsman's Range, they are willing to rent us the classroom for the weekend of July 31 - Aug 1 (Sat-Sun).  It is a small classroom, so space will be limited to what sounds like 10 people.

We need to make sure there is enough interest to cover our expenses.  So if you are interested, please let us know, so we can make sure we have enough people to make this happen before locking in the classroom, flights, hotel, transportation, etc.

Once we know there is enough interest, we will lock things in, and then put out a formal online registration.  

Thanks you to all in advance!!!

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Those dates should work for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top