Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2020 10:58:42 PM EDT
It's almost been a month since I tried to pick up a firearm from Sportsmans Warehouse. I expected to be put on delay due to Covid and the fact that every other purchase requiring a 4473 was delayed (no longer than 5 days). Within the past year I have acquired two NFA items from a local shop, and am working for the federal government. One would think that if I was cleared for those three things, I'd be cleared to pick up a firearm.

I understand they have the 29 day policy but every other place, if delayed, I get the proceed within a weeks time.

Am I missing something?

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. I’ve only bought a gun from them once and walked out the door with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either 1) get a UPIN so you don't deal with delays or 2) get an ACHP w/ NICS exemption so you don't deal with the paperwork
View Quote
UPINs don't always work. I used to have a guy who would get delayed every single time. Dozens of transfers, always delayed, then came back as a proceed. He ended up getting a UPIN and it would only work about half the time. Other guys have had them and it's still 50/50.

I bought a gun from Cabelas a few weeks back. Guy at the counter moved half the speed of smell and needed a magnifying glass to read my DL, the form, and everything else. Shit you not from the time i said i would take it to the time i walked out the door was an hour and 15 mins.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Either 1) get a UPIN so you don't deal with delays or 2) get an ACHP w/ NICS exemption so you don't deal with the paperwork
View Quote

Just a shame a law abiding citizen has to pay $300+ dollars to guarantee they can walk out of a store with a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:06:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That sucks. I’ve only bought a gun from them once and walked out the door with it.
View Quote

I've had that happen there once. Second time was a few days delay. This time.... I'm not quite sure whats going on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
UPINs don't always work. I used to have a guy who would get delayed every single time. Dozens of transfers, always delayed, then came back as a proceed. He ended up getting a UPIN and it would only work about half the time. Other guys have had them and it's still 50/50.

I bought a gun from Cabelas a few weeks back. Guy at the counter moved half the speed of smell and needed a magnifying glass to read my DL, the form, and everything else. Shit you not from the time i said i would take it to the time i walked out the door was an hour and 15 mins.
View Quote

In my experience, sportsman's has similar lag times when you're able to walk out of the store with product in hand. I wouldn't purchase from them if the local places I had what I was looking for in stock.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
They pissed me off a few weeks ago too. Only let me buy 2 boxes of 10mm even though there was at least 4000 rounds of it in the endcap. I told them obviously the demand isn't there for that caliber. I cheated the system by coming back with 5 buddies and my wife. When they saw me passing my debit card to them to buy they gave me the look. I told them what ?youre sign says 2 boxes per customer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Buddy got delayed at sportsmans today. Told him he’ll get his gun next month lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buddy got delayed at sportsmans today. Told him he’ll get his gun next month lol.
View Quote

Should have purchased a tent and camping chair as well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
get a refund and buy it somewhere else
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:36:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
get a refund and buy it somewhere else
View Quote

Well, the good news, I haven't paid for it. It's just absurd that I am still waiting. Would a 4473 in delayed status affect a new 4473? My assumption is yes, but I'm not sure. I don't need the rifle right now. Just impressed, there is still no resolve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top