Posted: 1/28/2020 4:06:46 AM EDT
If it  when it arrives, what do we do?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If it  when it arrives, what do we do?
View Quote
Since you’re from California probably just wait for the .gov to save you

Limit exposure the best you can. Don’t go to movies, out to eat, church, stores, post office etc unless you have too. Wear full wrap glasses, don’t touch your face, wear a mask if you desire. Wash your hands. Eat healthy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Drink more
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drink more
View Quote
That’s gonna be hard to do but I can try.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That’s gonna be hard to do but I can try.
View Quote
Alcohol kills it, so do your part!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
No hate!
No fear!
Viruses are welcome here!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody here have Lyme disease?

I heard it goes great with Coronavirus....
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
This Ticks me off
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This Ticks me off
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Ticks me off
Oh Deer!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh Deer!
View Quote
Didn’t mean to TEAse you...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Alcohol kills it, so do your part!
View Quote
Whiskey works best....the tannins, ya know.

At least that's what I've heard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Start preparing Alaska, CDC put out a statement saying Americans should prepare for an eventual breakout in the states.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Start preparing Alaska, CDC put out a statement saying Americans should prepare for an eventual breakout in the states.
View Quote
So another bad flu season?

I look forward to getting coughed on while I'm in line at Walmart.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#13]
your not going to have a walmart in short time, because of the supply decline from china smart guy
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]
There’s a guy quarantined at Bassett now, not confirmed if he has it though, yet.

ETA- she was cleared and back to work at the hospital.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Full mopp gear all the time.

I also had and survived swine flu. I think I’ll be fine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
your not going to have a walmart in short time, because of the supply decline from china smart guy
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
As someone who works for a medevac flight company, I am more concerned about the shear number of cases of children with RSV coming from the villages.

Really the precautions we use when transporting MRSA patients is greater.   Truck and plane decon is a little more detailed but not outrageously so and aside from leaving the doors open to ventilate isnt much different.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I work at the native hospital in Anchorage. An email was sent out to all personnel that they are running out of N95 masks and the shortage is statewide.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:45:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I work at the native hospital in Anchorage. An email was sent out to all personnel that they are running out of N95 masks and the shortage is statewide.
View Quote
As I was picking up a patient at Prov today (with contact precautions) one of the nurses was saying the same thing that they got an email stating the same.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 3:08:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote
ignorance is bliss, have fun with your dog and a jar of peanut butter
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol
The internet is serious business.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I cut meat at a super market in Anchorage. Everywhere is going to run out of everything if everyone keeps panic buying. We order our stuff 1 week out for it to come in. The way people are buying shit they are CREATING a supply issue. And the stupid shits will just point when everything's gone they will just say see? Told ya so.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I cut meat at a super market in Anchorage. Everywhere is going to run out of everything if everyone keeps panic buying. We order our stuff 1 week out for it to come in. The way people are buying shit they are CREATING a supply issue. And the stupid shits will just point when everything's gone they will just say see? Told ya so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have not been panic-buying, but I have enough to last me without going to grocery stores or Costco until the end of the month. - MARCH

I think I will be be short of food by then. But I figure the stores will be stocked in anticipation of the 1st of the month rush that happen in normal times.

And if they aren't, I have a backup fasting/keto/live off fat stores plan. That should last another month or so. - APRIL

If this crisis/shortage is still on at that time, I'll be  in trouble. - MAY
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 4:46:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The ambulance bay at Mat-Su regional is no longer operational for EMS. The bay is now the Covid 19 evaluation and treatment area. :rollseyes:  all EMS traffic will have to use the ER lobby.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder why our leadership isn't asking us for Covid-19 updates. Makes me wonder if they're even planning for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wonder why our leadership isn't asking us for Covid-19 updates. Makes me wonder if they're even planning for it.
View Quote
As the man said - "Don't expect government to help. Or keep promises."
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're not the government, and it's one of the more intelligent/functional companies I've ever worked for. So far, there's only been 1 email tel;ling everyone to have flexibility for parents of school district kids who have had their events involving out of state travel canceled This is all strange because we're a major health care company in the state.

I'm meeting one-on-one with my boss and my boss's boss soon, I'm going to ask them about this, or lack of this. Because they talk with their boss who's at the top of the org.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They're not the government, and it's one of the more intelligent/functional companies I've ever worked for. So far, there's only been 1 email tel;ling everyone to have flexibility for parents of school district kids who have had their events involving out of state travel canceled This is all strange because we're a major health care company in the state.

I'm meeting one-on-one with my boss and my boss's boss soon, I'm going to ask them about this, or lack of this. Because they talk with their boss who's at the top of the org.
View Quote
Waaaiiiiiittt a second here - you actually work for an intelligent/functional company?

I didn't think those really existed.

It'll be interesting to hear what their response is, plenty of folks out there that are purely reactive and not acting proactively.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Waaaiiiiiittt a second here - you actually work for an intelligent/functional company?

I didn't think those really existed.
View Quote
It was an odd experience getting used to it when I was new.

You're going to train me to do my job instead of throwing me in and see if I sink or swim?

You'll give me leave to go school instead of firing me when I tell you I am going to school?

You'll pay for my school? You WANT me to go to school?

YOU'LL GIVE ME HEALTH INSURANCE AND A 401K?!?!?!

And for some strange reason I have stuck with this company for 14 years instead of quitting after 6 months with all my prior jobs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It was an odd experience getting used to it when I was new.

You're going to train me to do my job instead of throwing me in and see if I sink or swim?

You'll give me leave to go school instead of firing me when I tell you I am going to school?

You'll pay for my school? You WANT me to go to school?

YOU'LL GIVE ME HEALTH INSURANCE AND A 401K?!?!?!
View Quote
Clown world, amirite?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
What kind of Covid-19 updates would you have to give them?

I know someone that had the exact opposite reaction at ANMC in regards to education that you had could be your department.

I will say ANMC's ER layout and ambulance bay is the worst.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What kind of Covid-19 updates would you have to give them?
View Quote
Hey, this person has been diagnosed with ICD-10 code B34.2 (Coronavirus)

Who else might she/he have been in contact lately?

No one is asking that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#36]

I will say ANMC's ER layout and ambulance bay is the worst.
View Quote
As someone who has to report on what happens there, I agree. They mix things.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm getting updates from the state

ETA: Just reread your comment.  We are getting almost daily updates.  Shit seems to evolve daily.
Our screening questions now are 1) Are you symptomatic and 2) Have you traveled outside of Alaska or been in immediate proximity to someone who has recently traveled outside of Alaska.

It's only a matter of time before it's here, assuming that it already isn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm getting updates from the state

ETA: Just reread your comment.  We are getting almost daily updates.  Shit seems to evolve daily.
Our screening questions now are 1) Are you symptomatic and 2) Have you traveled outside of Alaska or been in immediate proximity to someone who has recently traveled outside of Alaska.

It's only a matter of time before it's here, assuming that it already isn't
I am sure it is here. 1-2 weeks until someone has symptoms in Anchorage.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:49:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
We can agree on that.

So how many SARS or MERS corona virus patients dies ANMC have?

We were talking at work yesterday how many vents does ANMC have?  With the pneumonia and respiratory issues that the virus causes ventilators will be needed, I think Prov only has 22 for the entire hospital.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We can agree on that.

We were talking at work yesterday how many vents does ANMC have?  With the pneumonia and respiratory issues that the virus causes ventilators will be needed, I think Prov only has 22 for the entire hospital.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can agree on that.

hmmm
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Right on, last I heard AFD had 3 suspected covid-19 patients all 3 wound up being negative.  That was 5 days ago.

The villages will get ravaged when it makes its way out there.  Kotz only has 2 vents in the entire hospital.  And bethel doesn't have the condenser for making O2 in their ER so they are relying on M tanks.  I know of 1 patient that arrested because their tank ran out and staff didn't notice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Right on, last I heard AFD had 3 suspected covid-19 patients all 3 wound up being negative.  That was 5 days ago.

The villages will get ravaged when it makes its way out there.  Kotz only has 2 vents in the entire hospital.  And bethel doesn't have the condenser for making O2 in their ER so they are relying on M tanks.  I know of 1 patient that arrested because their tank ran out and staff didn't notice.
View Quote
My confidence in ykhc is almost nill.
To many bad experiences.

The new addition being built on the hospital is making somethings tough.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My confidence in ykhc is almost nill.
To many bad experiences.

The new addition being built on the hospital is making somethings tough.
View Quote
I have made the joke that Bethel is a hospital by day and a medevac airport holding facility by night.

I hace had some bad personal experiences with ykhc as well and with a village health aid with an incident I had with a different job.  Hopefully after the hospital construction is done things will turn around.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#43]
keybase chat under team covid19_alaska
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Take your orders. Going fast , as is first come only. I'm going to Seattle Sunday for a week and then to Salem for four days. Train, rental car, Plane, and restaurants. I will bring back the shit for sure. Get your name on the list fast , so you can be first in line to have me pass it on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Take your orders. Going fast , as is first come only. I'm going to Seattle Sunday for a week and then to Salem for four days. Train, rental car, Plane, and restaurants. I will bring back the shit for sure. Get your name on the list fast , so you can be first in line to have me pass it on.
View Quote
Im in for a hug!! If not, wife flies to Orlando end of the month!
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:10:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Lol, bunch of cargo pilots flying back and forth from China already in Anchorage.  If it isn't here, it will be. Soon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Cami Dance is delayed do to the fear mongering by the media.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Daughter going to school at Mt. Edgecume just told me the school has jets lined up to get the kids back home if any test positive.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#49]
It's here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#50]
kid just texted me, AK Regional has a positive and there are 2 possibles at ANMC
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top