Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 10:12:44 PM EDT
I'll be in town for a couple weeks and one of the guys talked me into running the half marathon the weekend of the 17th. Anyone ARF folks running it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
In what town? Alaska has a few. The nearest city to me is 750 miles away. Be right there to run a race....
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In what town? Alaska has a few. The nearest city to me is 750 miles away. Be right there to run a race....
View Quote
Thanks for you friendly reply and I'm sorry to inconvenience you. According to Google, there's only one Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon and it's in Anchorage. Hopefully everyone else up there is a bit more friendly...
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We have one also. A half and a 5k. Have fun, and thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The wife and I are running the half - I think you'll like our weather for distance running.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The wife and I are running the half - I think you'll like our weather for distance running.  Have fun!
View Quote
I ran it with a couple of guys I came up here with and said I'd finish with them. I was about an hour slower than normal for a half.  Those Mosquitos were no fucking joke though. Damn!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ran it with a couple of guys I came up here with and said I'd finish with them. I was about an hour slower than normal for a half.  Those Mosquitos were no fucking joke though. Damn!
View Quote
Alaska's state bird. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive run it 3 times, but not this year, I'll stick with my PR of 4:50. I haven't been training. was a beautiful day for a race.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top