Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2016 1:44:02 AM EDT
Well, are you?  Days are getting longer and the weather is absolutely amazing!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
River is very close to going out and i haven't even touched our 3 boats.

Have a fishcamp house to move as soon as the river is out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
So not ready for the forest fires I'll gladly take shitty weather all summer over Alaska burning down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting ready to move :(
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So not ready for the forest fires I'll gladly take shitty weather all summer over Alaska burning down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, and I think this one is going to put the year before last to shame.  As try and warm as the winter was, someone will just need to light a fart and the state will go up.

Quoted:
Getting ready to move :(

You'll be back though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing burns down here. At camp we sit around the rock ring with a cell phone fireplace app to see something burning. We toast marshmallows at home and pack them in. Hot dogs with a propane torch. Fireworks in ziplock bags to keep em dry. Desiccant in my shorts...

That's a nice summer, it was the best day ever.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes.
Rode motorcycle to Seward for Lunch today.

Roads clear, at least 50 cycles out.

50 degrees, pretty nice day in April.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
New in town, gotta be honest, this shits weird. It was like 9 last night when I realized I didn't have half the day left.

Ya'lls state is fucking gorgeous, but the long summer days and winter nights will take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New in town, gotta be honest, this shits weird. It was like 9 last night when I realized I didn't have half the day left.

Ya'lls state is fucking gorgeous, but the long summer days and winter nights will take some getting used to.
View Quote

LMAO, and there is still 2 months of days getting longer. You are gonna find yourself mowing the yard at midnight in June.

Aviator
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LMAO, and there is still 2 months of days getting longer. You are gonna find yourself mowing the yard at midnight in June.

Aviator
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aviator

Why'd you have to go and spoil the surprise.  I love seeing the tourists out at 11pm thinking it's still late afternoon.

I'm looking forward to it though.  Hoping to be out and about with my camera gear as much as possible in case I end up leaving this fall.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey NP. If I fly you down for a long weekend, will you give me private lessons?

On photography? I'm OK at best... just need some hands on instruction.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey NP. If I fly you down for a long weekend, will you give me private lessons?

On photography? I'm OK at best... just need some hands on instruction.
View Quote

Why do I have a feeling this would end up like someone's basement in Pulp Fiction  To be honest, I just go by what feels right when I'm shooting.  Any official training I had was in high school.  I'd be happy to answer any questions I can though, but between my ongoing health issues and everything else, flying me down would probably be a waste of money.

To be honest, if I end up leaving state in the fall, I'll be trying to spend a few days down there before hand anyhow.  I'd like to hit all the places I haven't before I go.  Probably take the ferry over, camp for a day or two, then ferry to Bellingham or something.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
You are welcome to camp in our yard or use the extra room if you want. I would take a few days off and show you around, you know that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You are welcome to camp in our yard or use the extra room if you want. I would take a few days off and show you around, you know that.
View Quote

I'm in limbo right now, but disability is supposed to have a ruling in the next month or so.  I'm off to the doc in 3 weeks for my next followup, so we'll see what happens.  That'll determine everything that happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top