BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2014 1:14:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Only 9 damn 4473's in the past the past year
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm doing my part selling off guns and arming more people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, I have had like 6 since the beginning of this year, where is everyone at?  LOL
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL, I have had like 6 since the beginning of this year, where is everyone at?  LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One early this year, and one more coming with PFD's.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe they understate that #1 status a bit.

There are more than a few single guys with $100k incomes living in cheap apartments with the balance going to gun collections.

When I was house hunting in Fairbanks, 9/10 houses had visible evidence of guns around, from a discreet gunsafe to many guns strewn around like leftover coffee cups.  Wish my Canadian wife could have seen that - she was so terrified of anyone even knowing we were a gun owning household.

The gun ownership rate in Fairbanks is so high, that non-gun owners are by definition, weird.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#6]
That's got to go for pretty much all of Alaska though, right?  I always figured the majority of all Alaskans were armed.  I don't go around asking, but through conversations, and the number of people who hunt, I just kind of take it for granted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's got to go for pretty much all of Alaska though, right?  I always figured the majority of all Alaskans were armed.  I don't go around asking, but through conversations, and the number of people who hunt, I just kind of take it for granted.
View Quote

I don't remember where this comes from so the validity may be in question, but years back I remember being told that there are about 10 guns for every person in Alaska.  Knowing some of you folks, I doubt it isn't true.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't remember where this comes from so the validity may be in question, but years back I remember being told that there are about 10 guns for every person in Alaska.  Knowing some of you folks, I doubt it isn't true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lot's of guns in rural AK.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I mean.  I'm not surprised Fairbanks is on the list, I'm surprised that the rest of the State isn't.  I would think that basically all of Alaska would show up as red on that map.

Edit:  Looking back on it, Fairbanks is #1 and Anchorage is #11, which is pretty good. Although I'm surprised no other borough had over 25% gun ownership (that would crack the top 100 in their list).  Juneau isn't mentioned.  If this is accurate, I actually moved to a county with LESS gun ownership than where I came from (Adams County, CO clocks in at #78)
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Most guns from other boroughs are purchased in Fairbanks or Anchorage though so that may be why they don't show up. Plus a lot of theirs are purchased or handed down locally instead of through an FFL which most all villages don't even have.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't have any guns. I just like the friendly banter and wise cracks from you guys.

Things that go bang scare me. Hold me Armstrong...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't have any guns. I just like the friendly banter and wise cracks from you guys.

View Quote

Well, the temperature IS dropping...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Ha ha, Your nasty.

Big boy

Spend a week in Tok and see what it gets you... Conversations like this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I knew you guys looked fishy...

Oh god, I made a pun.  My wife is getting to me. Sig, it's time to get the shotgun so I can go the way of 'ol Yeller before they convert me.  Been fun guys.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Convert you? I thought we caught something from you Fairbanks fellas.

I'm stayin home from now on. It's better under my rock anyhow. On the ISLAND.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
10. Would be more but I bought a new gunsafe...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Convert you? I thought we caught something from you Fairbanks fellas.

I'm stayin home from now on. It's better under my rock anyhow. On the ISLAND.
View Quote

Oh, that is cold.  It's on funny man.  Give me a few weeks to put my public school education to work and I'll come up with a scathing retort.  Just you wait.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh that was good. Going to be a good day today.

I'll be watching for you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#20]
They don't call it fast eddy's for nothin..
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

Not sure if flattered or creeped out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't see that. Probably for the better.

Hold me Nor...

nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Fixed just for you snuggle buddy
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh no, I wish I still couldn't see that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#25]
most folks don't realize there are more FFL dealers than gas stations in Alaska!
and for the above poster about villages...most villages DO have FFL's..  I've been to villages with only a few hundred people, and there would be 2 FFL dealers.
These numbers are skewed... I would believe closer to 95 present of ALL Alaskan houses to have guns in them.  most of the 5% being in Anchorage,
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
most folks don't realize there are more FFL dealers than gas stations in Alaska!
and for the above poster about villages...most villages DO have FFL's..  I've been to villages with only a few hundred people, and there would be 2 FFL dealers.
These numbers are skewed... I would believe closer to 95 present of ALL Alaskan houses to have guns in them.  most of the 5% being in Anchorage,
View Quote

Really? Wow. Bet the ATF loves making runs out to the bush. Are they held to a different standard or are they having to ship in safes?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Well back in the late 90's I believe Alaska hit something like 1 in 10 people were dealers.  We had the highest dealer ratio per capita.  Much of these were no storefront, non stocking garage type.  Then around 2000 they started cracking down and adding new requirements for the FFL like property zoning and things, as well as jacking up the fees.  The amount of FFL holders in the country plummeted. However,

In 2014 there are 995 FFL holders (of every type total) in Alaska.  Texas has over 10,000.  http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/pdf-files/ffl-type-by-state-012014.pdf  but our ration is 1 in 750 and Texas 1 in 2,640.  We may not be #1 one in FFL's per capita but sorry Texas, you lose again.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well back in the late 90's I believe Alaska hit something like 1 in 10 people were dealers.  We had the highest dealer ratio per capita.  Much of these were no storefront, non stocking garage type.  Then around 2000 they started cracking down and adding new requirements for the FFL like property zoning and things, as well as jacking up the fees.  The amount of FFL holders in the country plummeted. However,

In 2014 there are 995 FFL holders (of every type total) in Alaska.  Texas has over 10,000.  http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/pdf-files/ffl-type-by-state-012014.pdf  but our ration is 1 in 750 and Texas 1 in 2,640.  We may not be #1 one in FFL's per capita but sorry Texas, you lose again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Really? Wow. Bet the ATF loves making runs out to the bush. Are they held to a different standard or are they having to ship in safes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope, usually BATFE make telephonic inspections/ Initial screenings in remote village locations.

Thanks Mike for the exact numbers.  Now I wonder how many gas stations there really are in Alaska?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:55:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Well it's not like Vegas where I can see four corners of an intersection, each with it's own gas station, and sometimes two of them are the same company.  Talk about stiff competition.

Driving around Alaska, I would say there aren't nearly enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top