Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2014 9:25:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!! I got a trust last month and 3 form 1's almost ready to e-file.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, what did you get/build?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered another can yesterday. Hope the form 3 moves quick.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just ordered another can yesterday. Hope the form 3 moves quick.
View Quote
My last one took a month and four days. Pretty quick

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping for a month. That would be nice. I always bought from in stock so this will just add to the waiting fun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a few stamps myself...

But they are old .47 postage ones.

Enjoy the new can UAF. Some of the local guys really have me wanting to get my first can once I'm back on my feet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thunderbeast Arms 338 lapua titanium  can
View Quote
Very nice

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#9]
My Thunderbeast 30P1 just got to my dealer.  It's starting it's jail term and I am just starting my own wait.  Congratulations!

So now the next time.  If and when are you going out to try it?  I'd like to be there...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Have to take it to Doug to have the brake indexed properly then I'll slip to the range

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My Thunderbeast 30P1 just got to my dealer.  It's starting it's jail term and I am just starting my own wait.  Congratulations!

So now the next time.  If and when are you going out to try it?  I'd like to be there...

Have to take it to Doug to have the brake indexed properly then I'll slip to the range

I'll help carry your gear so you don't slip.  Wouldn't want your can to get scratched breaking your fall.   You might end up selling it to me down the line after you've sold your .338L.  Not like you haven't done something like that before.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just found out that I can't shoot it on my 338LM

Apparently they found that sub 20" barrels were causing problems on the 338LM

I was pretty bummed but must say that TBAC has gone above and beyond in making it right

Now I have to sell my DTA 338LM barrel to get one that's long enough

But I still have 2 other DTA barrels and a 300 Norma mag bolt gun that I can run it on
View Quote

And so it begins, again...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:41:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, but Ill come out of the deal way ahead
And in all honesty I never expected them to offer anything and was shocked with their offer
Taking my 260 Rem barrel in tomorrow to have the brake timed so maybe Wednesday I can get some trigger time in
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just found out that I can't shoot it on my 338LM
Apparently they found that sub 20" barrels were causing problems on the 338LM
I was pretty bummed but must say that TBAC has gone above and beyond in making it right
Now I have to sell my DTA 338LM barrel to get one that's long enough

But I still have 2 other DTA barrels and a 300 Norma mag bolt gun that I can run it on

And so it begins, again...

Yes, but Ill come out of the deal way ahead
And in all honesty I never expected them to offer anything and was shocked with their offer
Taking my 260 Rem barrel in tomorrow to have the brake timed so maybe Wednesday I can get some trigger time in

I must be losing my mind.  I'd swear that you just said you'd have time to go shooting  Enjoy it UAF
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm jealous you have somewhere to shoot a 338lm!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
This is Alaska, are you saying you can't find a place to shoot long?  There are places to shoot .338LM, but few places to shoot it and fully appreciate it's capabilities, but they are out there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

This is Alaska, are you saying you can't find a place to shoot long?  There are places to shoot .338LM, but few places to shoot it and fully appreciate it's capabilities, but they are out there.
View Quote
I'm in Los anchorage. Surrounded by state park. Birchwood range only goes to 300yds.

Supposedly there is another range up the parks at mile 95ish that has a 1,000 yard range.

But yes, it does seem silly to be in the biggest state and not have somewhere to shoot!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm in Los anchorage. Surrounded by state park. Birchwood range only goes to 300yds.   Supposedly there is another range up the parks at mile 95ish that has a 1,000 yard range.

But yes, it does seem silly to be in the biggest state and not have somewhere to shoot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in Los anchorage. Surrounded by state park. Birchwood range only goes to 300yds.   Supposedly there is another range up the parks at mile 95ish that has a 1,000 yard range.

Well unless UAF goes somewhere out off the beaten track we only have a 300 yard range as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well unless UAF goes somewhere out off the beaten track we only have a 300 yard range as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always wondered about the legality of shooting on the ridgetops near Murphy Dome since you could shoot damn near forever.  Except changing targets on a 45 degree slope would suck
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a shame.  I have friends who live on the outskirts of town who can just open their back door and start shooting.  We don't use our range for long distance - you just have to find a spot in the woods that you can access both ends of your shot.  I have a friend who shoots 700+ yards and the spot he uses is within an hour of town.  While he was at it he found a place to shoot over a mile.   However, checking your target is a bitch as it's no cake walk to get to it.

I was fortunate in that for a long time I worked at remote USAF radar stations that had to be serviced by C-130's and most of our sites had an active runway that was more than a mile long.  We would just put a chair and GI desk out there, use the truck driving 70+ to get to the other end.  Alternately on northern sites, we would have fun shooting at ice chunks in the sea.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:31:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Can exceed 400M at Cushman if no one else is shooting
Ever notice that there is a bench in the woodline behind the parking lot?

ETA: I was not the one who put it there and dont know who did
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can exceed 400M at Cushman if no one else is shooting
Ever notice that there is a bench in the woodline behind the parking lot?

ETA: I was not the one who put it there and dont know who did

I have see a guy using that bench to sight in a bow with his target pointed towards Northland Wood so I had assumed that was what it's for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]
The bench was taken off the line to make room for heavy equipment to be able to get in and out.

I can't believe they left it back there, too tempting to use.

Different story - had some idiots back by that bench, shooting clays with shotguns.  IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND THE LINE OF SHOOTERS at the benches!!!  Everyone else is up on the line and these guys were shooting behind us at clays tossed up in the parking lot.  WTF?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The bench was taken off the line to make room for heavy equipment to be able to get in and out.

I can't believe they left it back there, too tempting to use.

Different story - had some idiots back by that bench, shooting clays with shotguns.  IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND THE LINE OF SHOOTERS at the benches!!!  Everyone else is up on the line and these guys were shooting behind us at clays tossed up in the parking lot.  WTF?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#27]
That sucks UAFgrad.
What .338 barrel are you going to go with over 20" and what length? I can't decide If I want a DTA or Sako 42 .338LM next. It will be one or the other. I'll also be getting the TBA .338 can. Viper has my TBA 30BA and the paper has cleared!!!! I just need to get it from him!

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I listed mine for trade/sale
If I trade, it will likely be for another DTA 338LM barrel
If it sells, Ill buy a SAC barrel and go with either 22 or 24"

If you want to run my DTA you are more than welcome to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That sucks UAFgrad.
What .338 barrel are you going to go with over 20" and what length? I can't decide If I want a DTA or Sako 42 .338LM next. It will be one or the other. I'll also be getting the TBA .338 can. Viper has my TBA 30BA and the paper has cleared!!!! I just need to get it from him!

Until that day,
Darkop

I listed mine for trade/sale
If I trade, it will likely be for another DTA 338LM barrel
If it sells, Ill buy a SAC barrel and go with either 22 or 24"

If you want to run my DTA you are more than welcome to

I appreciate that! I don't know when I'll be in the FBX area again but when I am I'll try to give you a heads up on lead time and see if we can make it work out. Keep us informed on what you end up doing on the barrel and how it turns out.

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Page 2 and still no pics?
com'on man!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#32]
very nice....and quiet!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#33]
38 days to get my e-file form 1 PPS43 9mm done . now just to weld a spot on the tang . and im ready
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top