Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2013 4:09:27 PM EDT
Placed an order with MidwayUSA on the 14th for scope rings. Midway shipped it via UPS Mail Innovations which uses USPS for final delivery. Delivery date was shown as August 20, 2013.. Turns out UPS drops it off in Federal Way for shipment as parcel post rather than first class or priority. Call UPS Mail Innovations. Estimated delivery is really August 31.

Midway no  longer shows USPS flat rate box or priority mail as a shipping option. Not using Midway anymore...
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That UPS mail stuff is crap. I had that shipped and it was 5 extra days to get the package delivered. It's not just Midway. Call and tell them to ship USPS Priority and it's not an issue.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What I find amazing is that Larry Potterfield (and all the other companies) don't recognize that UPS and FedEx are just sticking it to both the company and us (the paying customers). It costs more and takes longer and has less tracking than Priority Mail. Better; riiiiight...
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Their still showing flat rate pri on the site.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some mags back ordered from when they still did that. First they changed the back order policy to just ship you what comes in, not holding it for a complete order. OK, I can see that. But they then ship it via UPS bull-handoff method, and it takes forever (much longer than USPS ever did) and I had no option of just USPS.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
right now i'm waiting waiting on a part from midway that was shipped UPS mail innovations.

it showed up in juneau two days ago and still isn't here in sitka.

i have actually had good luck with the innovations mail recently, but it sucks because its the last thing i need to get my fastfire mounted on my 22/45 lite

kind of irritating as i wanted to use it tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/23/2013 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
right now i'm waiting waiting on a part from midway that was shipped UPS mail innovations.

i have actually had good luck with the innovations mail recently, but it sucks because its the last thing i need to get my fastfire mounted on my 22/45 lite

View Quote

My new sight sat in Juneau for four days before it moved from downtown. I almost went to the Federal bldg and asked them to look for it.
You want me to find it and put it on the ferry?
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My new sight sat in Juneau for four days before it moved from downtown. I almost went to the Federal bldg and asked them to look for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nah, i'll wait. it says its due in sitka on monday, but its stupid because it showed up in juneau on wednesday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
now i'm getting pissed.

my package has been sitting in the juneau post office since last wednesday. 6 days ago.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent the following email to Potterfield. I will post the response if I get one...

Dear Mr. Potterfield,

MidwayUSA let me down. On August 14, 2013 I placed an order for scope rings I require for a new rifle which I planned to use for an Alaskan caribou hunt beginning September 1, 2013. The estimated delivery date was August 16, 2013. After the order was placed tracking showed the estimated delivery date as August 20. That's fine. A short wait was not a problem. Unfortunaely, the shipment was sent UPS Mail Innovations. I learned that MidwayUSA's projected delivery dates are fiction, when the package did not arrive as projected. UPS Mail Innovations shipped the product to Federal Way, Washington, where it was then handed off to the USPS for delivery by parcel post. Parcel post to Alaska, means putting it on barge to Alaska, where it will then take at least two more weeks to reach it's destination post office. Projected delivery is actually, August 31, the day I leave on my hunt.

Good customer service is being honest about delivery options and projected delivery dates.

Sincerely,

Skishooter
Anchorage, AK
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
now i'm getting pissed.

my package has been sitting in the juneau post office since last wednesday. 6 days ago.

View Quote

That sucks..
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#11]
9 days... the length of time it took to get from juneau to sitka.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
My package finally showed up today..
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought you guys were crazy.

I have had a set of takedown pins and an ejection port door sitting at one of the Anchorage POs since last Friday.  This is ridiculous.  I live in Anchorage
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I"m surprised.. MidwayUSA has always shipped to me USPS Priority Mail and they even use the Flat Rate box where possible.. Everything over the last couple of years has arrived in a timely manner (3-4 days).  I usually place orders on monday/Tues and get them on Friday or Sat..
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Midway CS just emailed me back.  They said wait 30 days from date of shipment departure and if it hasn't arrived by then to let them know
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Midway CS just emailed me back.  They said wait 30 days from date of shipment departure and if it hasn't arrived by then to let them know
View Quote

was this shipped UPS innovations?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Midway's response to my email. Note I placed my order through the 800 number. On-line shipping options at checkout only show UPS options. Bottom line, any future orders should be placed through the 800 number with a request to use USPS, unless you are willing to wait.

Dear Skishooter,

Larry has reviewed your email and asked me to respond on his behalf. While he reads every email, due to the volume he can't respond to each one personally so I help him answer his correspondence.

I apologize for any inconvenience these options have caused.  When customers place orders online, they have the option of choosing the shipping methods available based on the products purchased.  When using UPS Mail Innovations (MI) or UPS Sure Post (SP), you will see (USPS Final Delivery); this means that UPS will take the order from our dock and deliver to your local Post Office Hub for final delivery.  If the customer wishes for UPS to make final delivery, UPS Ground must be the method chosen.

Typically, MI and SP shipping methods are longer and save the customer 25-40% in shipping cost based on their destinations.  Our shipping page will always default to the least expensive shipping method, but you are more than welcome to change this option to one you prefer. The time frame for delivery is usually about a week however, shipping to Alaska can take much longer--up to and including 30 days.

We thank you for your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion. If you have any additional questions or comments

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,

MidwayUSA Customer Service

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]
thats crap.

the only time shipping REALLY takes 30 days to alaska is when something is shipped parcel post (at least to southeast alaska).. it comes on the barge.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Parcel Post was only 2.5 weeks from Maine to Juneau. This UPS service sucked even down south. An extra three days back East, an extra week here. Just ordered Jeep parts, $65.00 freight for FedEx, and $75.00 for AML. Yeah buddy, FedEx ship away. Still sucks, but we all knew that living here. Oh yeah, the mail / UPS thing is bullcrap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Midway won't ship to me at all. I used to order a ton of stuff from them for our customers. Last year I had been waiting for some backorders and they emailed us and informed us that they would not sell to us any more because we had a website. We contacted them and explained that we did not sell any competing products on our website, and pointed out how often we ordered from them. They told us that they considered anyone with a website to be competition and how could they be sure we would not resell their products online? They will no longer sell to me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Midway won't ship to me at all. I used to order a ton of stuff from them for our customers. Last year I had been waiting for some backorders and they emailed us and informed us that they would not sell to us any more because we had a website. We contacted them and explained that we did not sell any competing products on our website, and pointed out how often we ordered from them. They told us that they considered anyone with a website to be competition and how could they be sure we would not resell their products online? They will no longer sell to me.
View Quote

That's insane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top