Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 6:08:28 PM EDT
So I have this CMMG lower with a 2 stage trigger just sitting here.  ATF Form 1 is all but filled out.  I call up AK Tactical and start talking about ordering a short barrel, likely in .300 blackout, and the very nice and helpful guy on the phone says "Oh, and after you mail your check for your stamp, don't forget you get to pay APD for an interview..."

Interview?

Has anybody been through this, and what is the cost?

I may just have them pin a flash hider on a Noveske 14.5" and call it a day.  I really wanted a super light SBR.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You can do a revocable living trust so you dont need to wait hte extra 30-45 days from APD and fill out there 11 page packet . then go to interview . and pay them their illegal fees
It also allows you a level of protection. With an individual owned NFA item you are the only one who can possess it . etc .
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I did talk to a guy a bit more about the trust.  

I did not know there was an additional wait period for the APD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Trust is nice. Easy too.

No APD interview, $150 fee, Sign off, fingerprints, or photo ID. Less BS.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Form 1 is "SHALL ISSUE" in state of Alaska.
The job description of the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in your locale includes the duty to sign YOUR federal firearms forms.  A fee cannot be charged for performance of official DUTY.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate all the info here and in the other thread.  I got caught up in the Black Friday offerings, and am building this lower into 16" midlength.

I will acquire another lower, soon, and start the process.  I look forward to any new information about the Shall Issue status!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Form 1 is "SHALL ISSUE" in state of Alaska.
The job description of the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in your locale includes the duty to sign YOUR federal firearms forms.  A fee cannot be charged for performance of official DUTY.

I'd have to look about the Form 1, but they charged me  $150 for the first Can form 4. I went with a trust there after...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top