Posted: 11/16/2012 2:55:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Coming over on short notice for 5 days with my wife
We've been over a handful of times and typically stay in Waikiki
Any suggestions on something different?
She will want to lay on the beach and ill just be down with relaxing

On a separate note..... Anyone ever fish for the peacock bass?  Sounds like it would be fun

When are you coming?

Instead of Waikiki, might I suggest a trip to Kona on the Big Island instead.  You can still lounge on the beach or you can take day trips to see some interesting sights.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If Oahu, take the Atlantis submarine tour or a seaplane tour.  There is a local USPSA club match the Saturday you are there.  If you want to get really exotic you can always invite me down to Waikiki to buy you and your bride a beer.

Big Island has numerous options including helicopter tours of the volcano, offshore fishing, manta ray dives, or even just cruising around the island.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't pose the question well after looking at it
what I meant to ask is where on Oahu to stay other than Waikiki/HNL area
our tickets are to HNL so first option would be Oahu

Outside of Waikiki there is Turtle Bay on the north shore, Ko Olina, and the new Disney resort.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for staying at Turtle Bay. We have the best beaches on the island out here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you military?  There is a 5 star military hotel in Waikiki and rental cabins througout Hawaii.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are you military?  There is a 5 star military hotel in Waikiki and rental cabins througout Hawaii.

The Hale Koa is not close to "5 star".  Forget the cabins at Bellows unless you are active USAF and forget the cabins in Waianae for other reasons.  The cabins at the volcano on the Big Island are pretty cool if you can get in, the wife and I had a second honeymoon there when I got back from deployment in 2006.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top