Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2010 6:23:36 PM EDT
My youngest son is home from college and of course he wanted to have a range day. 72 degrees sunny and a light wind to keep the skeeters away. Started out with AR's and .45's and some transition work. Then moved out and did some position shooting from seated, cross leg and prone. Then he broke out his 30-06 he's had since he was 12. He got a first round kill with that aught 6 on tannerite from position at 115 yds. Then he moved back to 150 and killed several vials of Tannerite from the prone with my MK12 Mod 0

Much Tannerite died today just because it was in the right spot at the wrong time :-)

Just can't beat a nice sunny range day in Alaska when the kids are home from College. All is right with the world and I feel good.

Been out lately ?

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I can relate, I had an informal shoot with some friends. 4 Texas star targets, 22 rimfire dueling tree, steel silhouette targets and an obstacle course with 22 steel plates, 9 paper silhouette targets, and 6 pepper poppers.

Oh and 6 oxygen cylinders we cut in have and hung from racks. They make a nice gong.

I should post up some of the pics and vids...
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks like a helluva good time!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Having the ability to set up a private range is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having the ability to set up a private range is pretty cool.

And that is a very cool range! Looks like a lot of opportunity for runnin' and gunnin'. Looks great!

How the Ravin gear holding up? I have some on order but with a 75 day back log it's going to be a while. Ordered for 1911 with MD cut.

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Raven is good gear, but the wait is awful. Try Peters custom holsters. The holster in the pic is one of theirs.

they were running about 3~4 weeks when I ordered mine. The kydex is quite a bit thicker than RC.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Raven is good gear, but the wait is awful. Try Peters custom holsters. The holster in the pic is one of theirs.

they were running about 3~4 weeks when I ordered mine. The kydex is quite a bit thicker than RC.

I've got he Ravin on order but I just got a new M&P 9mm so I might try this Peters Custom for that one. Thanks for the link, I haven't heard of them before but looks like their gear is worth a try.
On another note, I just got A Geisselle trigger for my Noveske N6 today, so back to the range tomorrow!

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
get the apex tactical sear. I have one in my M&P 45 and it makes a whole new gun out of it. Its $30 and it takes longer to watch the youtube video instructional than to drop it in. Apex tactical is good to go. there is a big thread about it over on M4C. Cant say enough about what their products do to the M&P!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
get the apex tactical sear. I have one in my M&P 45 and it makes a whole new gun out of it. Its $30 and it takes longer to watch the youtube video instructional than to drop it in. Apex tactical is good to go. there is a big thread about it over on M4C. Cant say enough about what their products do to the M&P!

A friend is putting an APEX sear in his wife's pink ribbon Judy Golosky M&P 9. I'm going to shoot them side by side and evaluate from there. I have heard good things about the APEX products.

Until that day,
Darkop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top