Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 11:53:46 AM EDT
Can anybody tell me what the job market is like in Alaska right now? I have experiece as both a project manager and superintendent with single family, multifamily, commercial and tenant finish projects. Right now I am completing a 202 unit apartment project that will be done in January and next year is looking slow in Denver. I have always wanted to go to Alaska so I thought I'd look into it.

Thanks,

Adam
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Construction season here is ending and alot of companies are downsizing . especially Const. Managment jobs. You would honestly be better off
there if you have no family or friends here ....Also you would  have to become versed in the ins and outs of alaska constuction and the admin systems for it
the MOA is a  giant hastle on a good day ... What area were you looking to move to ?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are wanting residential then I'd stay home; I have not done a large residential project in ages.  The majority of land left is reclamation & right now the demand is fairly low.  This pertains to Anchorage; no idea about Fairbanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]

workplace.alaska.gov

for State Jobs.  You will need to create a profile, but after that it is easy to apply for most jobs.  

On the owner side of construction the DOT and Public Facilities have open PM positions.

Good Hunting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top