User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2009 11:00:11 PM EDT
Alaska Gun Collectors Association gun show August 1st and 2nd
Sullivan Arena
10-5 both days
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm heading there in about an hour.  I'll have a little boy and OD Larue cap.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a bunch of NRA big wigs in town.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I was happy to find a bunch of powder and primers.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Does it cost money to get in?  Also is there enough eye candy for those of us without money to spend?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Powder was just above the order and wait three months price.  I got little gun 1 pounders for 22 and 26.  I understand that a local gun shop was ordering it for 25.

Large Pistol Primers were 40 for 1000....

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I shoulda went.  Is there a way to find out about these shows?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
The Alaska Gun Collectors Association usually lists these.

I passed. Tired of beef jerky vendors and seeing the same old Pre-64 model 70s going for $1800.

Yawn.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I passed. Tired of beef jerky vendors and seeing the same old Pre-64 model 70s going for $1800.

Yawn.

+1     When I see more "vendors" selling jerky, fishing trips, hunting trips, boat parts, etc. I just pass.  Then toss in the usual gunshops in town and I really pass...if I wanted to see their inventory I'd go to their shop.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yawn.

+1     When I see more "vendors" selling jerky, fishing trips, hunting trips, boat parts, etc. I just pass.  Then toss in the usual gunshops in town and I really pass...if I wanted to see their inventory I'd go to their shop.

Yeah, except for Ken "Ya-Gonna-Buy-Something-Now-Or-Get-The-F*ck-Out-Now" at Wild West.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, except for Ken "Ya-Gonna-Buy-Something-Now-Or-Get-The-F*ck-Out-Now" at Wild West.

I have refused to enter that store for 7 years now stemming from a previous incident with those idiots  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have refused to enter that store for 7 years now stemming from a previous incident with those idiots  

He has some nice people working for him, but between Ken and Jim, there's some serious dickage or douchage going on there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

It's very hard to deal with the Ken show at WWG.  Couple years ago, I got a fascination with Gunbroker and bought 4 older hard top find collectible guns online over the course of a winter.  Did the transfers through WWG because they were close to where I work and claimed they only wanted $25 per transfer.  First deal went OK. Second deal got harder.  Third deal they changed the rules completely.  4th deal they suddenly wanted more money for the transfer but after haggling agreed to "only" $25 because I was a repeat customer.  Well I ain't no repeat customer any more.  Went in there reluctantly with a buddy who was looking for ammo about 2 weeks ago.  Nothing has changed, same BS spewing out out on everything.  I think a big part of their success comes from customers outside who read about the co-pilot  and other guns in all the gun rags but who have yet to meet the lead cutomer service rep in person who would likely change their mind about spending money there......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top