Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Alaskans: Check in (Page 7 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
it'd be great to meet up and get some range time in sometime, if i ever make it back up on the highway to FAI, i'll be sure to call in on ya. or vise versa if you make it down here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By 762Precision:

Thanks, Check this out: .32 Special Leverevolution

This is available now and has even slightly better ballistics than their .30-30 ammo. I have a 1940's Winchester 94 in .32 Win Special.

Thanks for the link.  I'll have to keep it in mind :)  Though I've always shied away from putting that type of round into a 'tube'...likely just paranoid on that  ((chuckles))  nut, old habit

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Born in Fairbanks......unfortunatly I now live on the east coast. I am a retired Navy submariner. Now building ........you guessed it submarines (the new Virginia class).
Really would like to move back. Grew up in Delta Jct. Have family in Palmer/Talkeetna. Problem is finding a job that will support a mortgage.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
hey preston, jake here.... from the 'files...

anyway, i've been into black guns for quite awhile now (FALs and ARs), and just sent the $$$ off for an M16 RR. i'm not as excited as i should be just because 4-6 months (transfer times for both the form 3 then the form 4) seems like forever away.

i live in sitka.

hey jake- did you find someone in sitka to do the paperwork? or did you go out of town?
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
He did a trust.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#7]
BDM we will have to get together and do some shooting.  Let me know what dates will work for you.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Crap, I am working that week...might be free on the 2nd.

I don't have the $ to spend on a mag loader or else I'd beg for one.

Link Posted: 5/24/2009 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Just checking in here.  First post on Arfcom despite lurking for a hell of a long time.  I'm just a really bored guy in north pole really.  If you ever see a somewhat chubby guy at the cushman range in a hot licks t shirt, come say hi.  I'll probably be arguing with my rifle anyhow.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
Just checking in here.  First post on Arfcom despite lurking for a hell of a long time.  I'm just a really bored guy in north pole really.  If you ever see a somewhat chubby guy at the cushman range in a hot licks t shirt, come say hi.  I'll probably be arguing with my rifle anyhow.

Welcome!  

Originally Posted By blackdogmachine:
I will be there the 27th at noon, I dont know what kind of following we got up there yet but I could meet you guys at a range, breakfast or lunch if you want to put something together. my cell is 208-989-7443

Dangit, you are coming in on my work week.  Maybe towards the end of your  trip we can meet up.  I know there is a private range out there, and I have a membership to the other one between Kenai and Soldotna on the Spur.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you have any of the BDM mag loaders? Those .22 mags are a bitch to load.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, just looked at your website. Your selling a 10.00 thumb loader now. How well does that work?

Tom
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 11:15:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JCG4] [#16]
please delete
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't had the chance to read all the members posts from Alaska, but I wanted to throw my name in the hat just the same.  Trust me, I will get around to reading all the posts and look forward to finding folks that live near me.

In a nutshell I have lived in AK for all my life, minus the first couple ones and a few in my 20s.  I live in South Central, but far away from Anchorage or the Valley.

I am fairly new to "real" gun ownership.  What I mean is that I have always owned firearems, but lately I have taken much more responsible role in how I deal and interact with them, the community and the nation-wide scene (NRA).

Like most Alaskans I own a couple .44s and other bear guns (.45-70, 30.06 and the trusty 870 loaded with buck and slugs).  However, in the past few years my interest has really turned to tactical and defense style weaponary.  I suppose a lot of this has to do with the fact that a couple years ago my wife and I had our first kid...a beautiful daughter.  Just like the wife's "nesting" instinct kicked in, so did my "protection" instinct.  It wasn't long after her birth that I bought my first 1911 and have since acquired quiite the collection of handguns for CCW, AR15s and a very defensive minded shotgun.

Because of this collection, I have started to read up on 3-gun compettions and was wondering if anyone knew of any in our state...I am sure there are  some out there it is just a matter of finding them.

Like I said earlier,  when I get the time I will try and find others in my area and when I get more confident and comfortable with this site and the forum style (both new to me), I will let out more on myself, my beliefs and most interestingly- my collection
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome.  Are you on the KenPen?
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
Welcome.  Are you on the KenPen?

Nope- other direction.  Prince William Sound.  Valdez, actaully.  

I got around to reading all the previous posts and the 907 is very well represented––-very nice to hear.  You gotta love the ratio of State population to US Armed Forces members, enough cannot be said to thank these women and men and I am proud of the fact that so many of them stationed here end up as citizens after their commtment is up.  

Also, I read a couple posts mentioning Steve McDaniel at Alaska Tactical and Security.  This man embodies what an educated and dedicated firearms instructor / vendor should be.  Do yourself a favor and stop by his shop on Muldoon and I dare you to not come away impressed and a few $$$ lighter (the man only sells top of the line and you can ALWAYS find something you need there).  Better yet, sign up for one of his many classes- you aren't gonna find a better instructor.

See ya at the range or in the backcountry...I'll be packing something
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#20]
There's some real good pistol and three gun action going on in the interior thru TAPS.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Another from Anchorage here.  New to AR15.com and  new AR owner.  I'm a work with the clown you guys know as 'doorgunner84.'  I bought his rifle last week after he bought a new one.  Let's go shoot!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 1:58:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#22]
Originally Posted By ManTheRamparts:
Another from Anchorage here.  New to AR15.com and  new AR owner.  I'm a work with the clown you guys know as 'doorgunner84.'  I bought his rifle last week after he bought a new one.  Let's go shoot!!

Wecome ManTheRamparts.

Oh, about that Doorgunner Guy. I'd get another job if I was you.

~Ripak

Link Posted: 7/1/2009 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#24]
'Nother FNG checking in... Originaly from the Kenny Lake area now stationed in Valdez with the USCG... Long time lurker, first time poster.

Drop a line if you're in the area and want to hit the range or grab a cup o' joe.

John
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I will be moving up to Fairbanks around April 2010. Any military members on this board?
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Just got stationed to Ft. Rich, living in Eagle River from Ft. Riley and loving it so far.  Own a S&W M&P15FT that is going through the upgrade process.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 3:09:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Well I will reintroduce myself ....

I'm Rick
Use to be Sig40Fan on here years ago ... Then divorce and I literally lost all my guns but my Les baer concept VIII......Figured a new life requires a new screen name ....
my new midlife crisis will be SBR's and Class III toys ... And to start grabbed a S&W M&P 15 to start my SBR project ... LOOK foward to the next ARF shoot , still have pics from the one back in 04 or 05 i think it was ... AND Mike you still need to sell me that Tec 9
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Hello, Name is Tim. Used to be a member a while back, but moved away and left the guns in Alaska, and kinda fell out of touch for a while. Anyways now I am back with my family and have re-acquired BRD. Live in Juneau, currently in Anchorage for training this week, but will posts some pics when I get back home. Still remember a few of you, AKMike is one. Hello to everyone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Hello, names Tony, I live in Anchorage and work on an Island in the Aleutians.  I'm 35 and moved up here in the AF in 94 and decided to stay.  Have 2 children and a few firearms.  I enjoy punching holes in paper(Long and Short range).  Just bought one of the PSL from AIM.  Waiting for it to arrive.  Will post pics in the Romanian forum when it arrives.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Howdy all! Thought I might finally introduce myself. My name's Randy, originally I'm from Cape Canaveral, FL, but moved up here to Juneau in Sep last year after I joined the USCG. Im currently stationed on the USCGC Liberty, a 110' Patrol Boat here in Juneau. I will be transferring to Sitka in Dec to the Air Station there. So far I love it up here and don't plan on leaving anytime soon, and luckily my wife feels the same.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Names Mike, live in Eagle River.  Long time troll first time poster
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Jerrod, 28 workign building my 3rd BR, first was a DPMS sweet 16, store bought, second was a 5.45 s&w upper on a cav arms lower(first lower build i ever did), and my third is going to be a SHTF rifle in 5.56 with doo dads and gizmos hanging off it. the wife currently shoots an AK47(made fun of the 5.56 cuz it wouldnt be useful in taking a moose at 100 yards, "ill use my .30-06"), and i keep trying to get her to get an ar in 7.62 but she wont...

live in anchorage, work for uncle sam, went to UAF way back when (2000-2006) and knew i wasnt leaving, been in anchorage since 2008. trying to get to more IDPA events they are pretty fun, but i feel like the poor kid with my ruger,

Link Posted: 11/20/2009 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Like others before me;  long time lurker, virg' poster.  Brandon;  live in Wasilla, work in Los Anchorage.  Slingin' a S&W MP15, Glock 19, 870 and MKII.  Any other guys/gals here members at Mat-Valley Sportsmans range?  Let's set up a powder-burnin' session!
Link Posted: 12/6/2009 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Another Alaskan here from Eagle River.
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#35]
You guys seem to like the S&W M&P15's.  Are they giving them away somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Im In Kodiak.  Just got my dpms lr-308 in the mail.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I am originally from NC. I graduated from Appalachian State University with a BS in international and comparative politics, as well as a associates degree in gunsmithing. employment is slim and i HATE the hustle and bustle of suburbia I find in NC. Ive worked and traveled extensively in the west of the lower 48. I have a background in private security and firearms training and am looking for similar work in the "last great frontier".  any and all recommendations for specific areas or companies would be highly appreciated.............PLEASE IM me with any and all recommendations.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#38]
One of the few guys from the interior here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ken210:
Another Alaskan here from Eagle River.

Greetings Ken. I'm also in Eagle River along with a few others.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Thrash here, names Kevin, Liven in North Pole. Stationed at Eielson been here for almost 2 years and love the hunting and fishing!!!!  I have a small arsenal, My Ar is a bushy lower with a Bill Springfield trigger, and and ergo grip with BAD lever (love that thing). I have 14.5 POF upper piston driven, running a Aimpoint M4, (looking to trade for T1, with GG&G or Larue mount). MI rear flip-up and POF front sight.  I attended the Magpul Dynamic course this summer down in Anchorage, it was AWESOME!!!! recommended to any Black-gun shooter! I have been a Security Forces member for 10 years. I shoot at Cushman range and on base. IM me if you have any questions about the Air Force, shooting and hunting, Glad to be here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I am Joe 34 in North Pole
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#42]
My name is Tim, and hello to everyone again. Re-joined as osofast recently, figured my old account was expired or something as it had been a few years. However was cleaning a bunch of old files, found my old log-in and password, gave it a shot and all be damned it worked.

Moved back to AK almost a year ago now, got my toys out of storage and BRD is back in force 10 times than it was before.

Anyways it's been a long time so I'll do a brief summary.

Live here in Juneau, got a wife, 2 boys (4yrs old and 8 mos old)
A few AR's built, and a few more in progress.
Always open to do some shooting, and looking for a new hunting partner for upcoming years.

Pleasure to be back.

Link Posted: 3/15/2010 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Names Zac. Work for Taiga ventures out of Fairbanks. I'm all over the state during the warmer months. Orig from NC and I'll never go back, haha.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Hi . . . my name is Royce.  Retired USAF and work on Elmendorf AFB.  Like to shoot my 1911's and 44 mag's.  Recently got an AR and am anxious to try it out once it warms up a little.  Reload for 45ACP, 44 Mag, and .223.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#45]
I have never seen a page with some many first time poster...welcome all.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 2:56:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Name's Jim, been lurking for many years. Live in Fairbanks (since 1961) yea I'm old. Stag owner. Reloader.
Don't post much, but decided to contribute to the site.
Much entertainment and invaluable knowledge here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Stationed at Fort Wainwright
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#48]
My name is John/aka ironartist I live just outside Wasilla. I am 46 and have lived in ak since 94 and will live here till I'm the same. I bought my first mini on 9-11 figured it was time to buy something to defend our well being as a state and country. I have said for years I didn't want an ar platform but if ruger ever came up with 1 I would buy it. Well guess what it's that time I am the proud owner of a 556 and some fresh ammo it's time to go shoot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:20:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seanhowies] [#49]
Edit
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
forgot to check in!

Hi Im Craig outta Anchorage, AK
born and raised here

Page / 9
Tacked Alaskans: Check in (Page 7 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top