Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2007 4:18:27 PM EDT
I`m making a run north soon from Ninilchik and wanted to know what Ak`s are available up yonder.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been wondering that too.  Runrunners had one a few months ago, but the price was a little high.  

Im looking for a Yugo underfolder or a plane jane Romanian.

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The ammo king on Boniface, right outside the Elmo gate has some. I cant remember the brands but they have the most. Call gun runners and see what they have. I havent been in there in a couple of weeks

Yugoslavian Krinkov (Gun Number: 976782119) Classified Ad
Tactical Rifles Misc.
Ohio Ordnance Works (ITM Arms Corp.) Yugoslavian Krinkov Semi-Auto Pistol. Caliber 7.62 x 39. 12.5" barrel with Krinkov Muzzle Break. Flip Ad ...(read more)
Seller: Gun Runners (FFL Dealer)   $1,299.00
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to Ammo King Friday.  They had a bunch of AKs.  Romanian WASR10 were just over $400.    Yugo underfolder something like  $630.  

I didnt write down prices and am going off memory so dont get all mean if i got it wrong.

I'll probably go buy something there when i get to town next month. They said they had plenty.   Ben

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I`ll make the rounds when I get up there. I was hoping to find one of those Arsenal SLR106F .556 side folders.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
How far north are you willing to run? How about something more fancy?  Local dealer in Fairbanks has some nice tricked out AK's, AKM's, and Galil kit guns.  He's a C3 so he also has SBR's, Suppressors, and MGs.

Sorry about the Galil tease, I have been trying to acquire some more of them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I`d walk to Barrow for Galil`s like those!!

Edited to ask -

Fill me in on the details of the Galil builds, I`d love one if they are quality builds, and they look like they are!! What do they run??

Mike
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun runners has a Galil if youre coming up here. Saw it sunday, forgot the price.

And damn Mike those are nice!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, they are nice.  The dealer is Chris Mannino of Arms & Equipment.  IM me for contact info if interested.

If I recall correctly, he bought hundred or more receivers (AK/AKM/Galil - not sure of breakdown).  He has a professional putting them together in all configurations.  AKs, AKMs, Krinks, Galils in AR, SAR, and ARM, in .223, 7.62x39, .308, and perhaps 5.45 (I don't know enough about 5.45 or AKMs so pardon my ignorance).  Some are short barrel with a long flash hider or short SBR's.  He's also got suppressors for them.  I am most likely buying the short barreled SAR (an SBR) Galil in 7.62x39, and a can to go with it.  I think it has a Phantom flash hider to mate with YHM cans. Obviously he has more than one finish.  He also mixes and matches so you can get AK/AKMs with Galil folders and furniture.  He has side folders, underfolders, full stock, no stock, black plastic and/or wood furniture, rails/no rails.  Every time he emails me back he's got more configurations that I see.  He's also got some special builds with IDF marked receivers. He was at the last Palmer Lions gun show.  He's AMGA's explosives guy, also the guy with the bowling ball mortars, and the guy who put on the MG demo at my local range which I posted pictures of some time back (remember the chicks with the MG's?).  He's has the biggest NFA selection at our little Fairbanks shows and sometimes travels south.

Taylor, what configuration of Galil did Gun Runners have, what caliber, and what price (if you remember or find out again).  I may still be in the market for another real Galil.

I haven't inspected them inside and out, but they look very nice and very professional.  Considering what I paid for real Galils, these look very attractive as they cost significantly less (by at least a$1000 or more).  Since they don't make Galils in 7.62x39 so I have to buy a kit gun.  I have an AK but I would prefer the cadillac of AK's if I can afford it.

He could probably come up with any AK/AKM/Galil variant and mixes that you want.  I can't remember what the finishes are.

I'm trying to get him to put them on the internet.  Seems like Gun Runners and Wild West Guns sell a majority of their firearms on the net these days, which I didn't realize.  Internet sales are low overhead but I thought the shipping and dealer transfers would be the stoppers.  Guess I thought wrong.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't really remember because they had a Aug I sure did want. I will try and stop by tues
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I finally got to shoot an Aug a few years back.  I wish I had bought one long ago.  Damn it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I finally got to shoot an Aug a few years back.  I wish I had bought one long ago.  Damn it.

Well if they ever get off their ass and get the US Plant going, you might have a short window before the 2008 elections to pick one up at a reasonable price.  Then again if they fuck up the original like Sig did with the 55x, no need for one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I concurr.  While the US version of the Sig 55x and other of the ilk that have been modified are still really, really nice guns, they are not for me.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend them but myself I would rather pay extra for the real thing.

As for the AUG, I really meant I wished I had picked up a full auto AUG back when I picked up my M16 for $2200 back in the good ole days.  I might get one and SBR it if all they have done is sell it with the longer barrels.  Those thumbhole versions they were selling/importing at the end were hideous IMHO.

It's like buying a Porshe (or whatever) that is all the same but has a VW Bug body on it.  Sure it still functions pretty much the same but who wants that for the kind of money you are going to pay?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Update on Mannino's rifles pictured above.  He has already sold out of all those guns he had made.  He is now concentrating on having AK's built.  I'm going to have to buy the actual rifle pictured above, that is the Galil SAR in 7.62x39, SBR, with Phantom and YHM suppressor package.  It's his personal gun, he hasn't even fired it yet.

That and maybe that Tan AKM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top