Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2007 12:51:48 PM EDT
Going home for some vacation (Fairbanks).  I'll be terrorizing the Cushman range for the next two weeks.  As usual, my trunk will be full of machineguns, ammo, and explosives.  I'm usually there from 1-4ish everyday unless there's a plan.  Stop by and help me burn some off.  I'm always available for other times, just give me a jingle.  Hope to see some of you there...
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Going home for some vacation (Fairbanks).  I'll be terrorizing the Cushman range for the next two weeks.  As usual, my trunk will be full of machineguns, ammo, and explosives.  I'm usually there from 1-4ish everyday unless there's a plan.  Stop by and help me burn some off.  I'm always available for other times, just give me a jingle.  Hope to see some of you there...

I'll try to meet up with you on Friday. Even tho it is the 13th.
Terry
I will bring my AR10 & my 50 cal ML.
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll try to swing by. I know I'll be there this weekend to scope up my new 308.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll try to swing by. I know I'll be there this weekend to scope up my new 308.

Bill

Hi sweetie!!!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there today and didnt see you

Got all set up and realized I left my ammo at home

Will try and come over tomorrow about 1:00
Chris
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
AK_Mike, myself and Sledhead907 (Derek) will be there this Saturday around 12 o'clock-1'ish. I have to sight in my ACOG and Derek has to test out his build skills. Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I really wish I could join ya'll up there!  It's been almost 6 months since I've had any trigger time  Actually, I need to scrounge up more .308 before I go & play too much more.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had some trigger time down this way but it is not always fun to shoot by yourself.  It is nice enough down here to be out more.  Enjoy yourself and post some photos for us all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Mike, I'll be there on Saturday around 12. Any chance we'll see you?

-Derek
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have had some trigger time down this way but it is not always fun to shoot by yourself.  It is nice enough down here to be out more.  Enjoy yourself and post some photos for us all.

I have net been shooting since last summer.  Where do you shoot at?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone's interested in shooting at Birchwood on Sunday....

The AMGBPA (Alaska Machine Gun and Black Powder Assoc) <g> will be getting together around noon on Sunday at Birchwood to shoot machine guns and black powder rifles/pistols/shotguns.  If you have a BP gun you haven't shot in awhile bring it out.  Everyone's welcome.

Extra points will be awarded to anyone shooting black powder through their machine guns.

Matt
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#11]
@Yek...I shoot at the KGC range.  The range was first a gravel pit that the Homer PD, troopers and the Coast Guard ran and shot at.  With nice letters from this group the state allowed the KGC to run the gravel pit/range.  Now we pay $600 a year to use it.

Anyway I shoot there every week or two.  It is just south of Anchor Point just before Black water bend, on the east side of the road.  

I fired my Glock 19, SW5, M21 and my newly issued Remington 700.  Ten round group of just under 3/4...had two fliers.  

Give me a scream if you want to shoot sometime.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there Sat with a couple friends new to the area. This should be fun
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, this is the first I have gotten back to this thread.  I did hit the range until Wednesday late and missed uafgrad.  I was there after 4 again today.  I'll be there Friday and Saturday as well unless something unforeseen crops up.  I need to finishing digging out my range guns and locating my previous vacation's ammo stash.  I also need to dig out some more Tannerite.

Speaking of which, I crossed with uafgrad this late afternoon and got to shoot his sweet suppressed .308 Sako.  It had an awesome trigger and as always, suppressors make for very pleasant, civilized shooting.  I would like you to bring it out again, Chris, and let's smack some Tannerite.  Suppressed shots allow one to enjoy the boom more like as if you were standing aside observing.  We can put them nearer the berm, mabye tape a few together since it will be far away.  You know you are on when you hit those puppies and I know your rifle can do it.

I'm in the small Blue GMC Canyon truck and I usually pull up to the pistol range since I shoot so much rimfire and SMG stuff.  If you hear an full auto staplegun, that's me down there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry Bill,  I must have missed you.  I went to the range today but didn't get there until 2:30, then I stayed till 6:30.  I blew off some Tannerite.  Couple of my friends stopped by.  I'll be there Saturday at noon and have to leave before 4pm.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sorry Bill,  I must have missed you.  I went to the range today but didn't get there until 2:30, then I stayed till 6:30.  I blew off some Tannerite.  Couple of my friends stopped by.  I'll be there Saturday at noon and have to leave before 4pm.

Crap, thats about the time I left. I brought two young soldiers with me (one is the son of an old high school friend stationed up here).  We shot my beowulf, and two of my long guns. They had a blast. I did see some tannerite going off....didn't realize who it was. I've never seen Cush so crowded. Gotta be spring :)
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I pulled in and saw the number of people and left. Only cause i had the wife with me and she wanted to go eat and do some shopping. Ya know how that is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap, thats about the time I left. I brought two young soldiers with me (one is the son of an old high school friend stationed up here).  We shot my beowulf, and two of my long guns. They had a blast. I did see some tannerite going off....didn't realize who it was. I've never seen Cush so crowded. Gotta be spring :)

You were there then.  I know someone was shooting some Beowulf though it might not have been you.  I blew some Tannerite one day but those might have been some of mine mixed by uafgrad.  You didn't hear any of my autofire?

You are right, range was packed, three level parking!  I've been to the range for hours every day.  I'm trying to put a little time on my 1919A4 each time to wear it in for better operation.  If you hear an automatic staplegun, that's me with the suppressed .22.

I'm still riding around with MG's subguns to battle rifle, cases of ammo in each flavor, and a couple cases of Tannerite, there anywhere from 1 to 6pm, everyday, except for this weekend's gun show and even then I'll hit the range.  Gotta friend with a PPSH that I want to play with probably this weekend.  Anyone is welcome to drop by,

Yesterday we had three 1919's at the range, next to each other.  One ran, one was fixed and ran, then there was mine.  A little at a time I suppose unless I can get a 1919 doctor.  You want to go through the aggravation of loading up cloth belts, you can shoot what you load, with my ammo, and help me wear it in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#18]
There's a gun show this weekend? Where? At the Nat'l Guard Armory or the Patty Center? When?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There's a gun show this weekend? Where? At the Nat'l Guard Armory or the Patty Center? When?

Patty Center
Ad is in the paper with excat times, but usually Sat is 10AM and Sun is 11AM
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I may be at a table there with some guns to sell.  I just sold another pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#21]
dont forget you need to come south sometime with a package for me
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
dont forget you need to come south sometime with a package for me

Haven't forgotten.  I was looking at it just a few days ago.  Found most of the magazines and the manual as well - just don't quite know where all the accessories are but I think I may know now...

I'll have at least one firearm for sale on my borrowed table - an unfired Barrett M82A1 in .50BMG.  Comes with factory case, mag(s), books.  Has factory scope - Swarovski 10x with Barrett .50BMG ranging reticle, a $1325 option. I would mention how much you would save with my pricing but I don't want to break the rules here, drop by my table and expect to save a couple of thousand.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I had my beowulf there. I was next to the guy that works at down under. Was that you letting him and his girl friend shoot your MP?

Shucks......another missed opportunity
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I had my beowulf there. I was next to the guy that works at down under. Was that you letting him and his girl friend shoot your MP?

Shucks......another missed opportunity

Yes, that was me and my MP5SD.  Bill let me shoot his very last magazine on his PPSH.  Sweet tube gun...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top