Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2007 6:35:09 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been asked before but I coulnd't find any info. Who ships ammo to Hawaii? I thought saw something about Ammoman shipping to HI but there was nothing on his website. Where can I get a decent price on ammo locally? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I emailed ammoman.com.  He ships to HI and a case will run about $100-$125 for shipping alone, depending on weight.  I sent an email and he responded in about 2hrs.

www.ammoman.com/webstore_HAWAII.htm
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I emailed ammoman.com.  He ships to HI and a case will run about $100-$125 for shipping alone, depending on weight.  I sent an email and he responded in about 2hrs.

On the website you linked it says they ship via AIR.  Why not surface?  Of course it would cost $125 or more to ship a case via Air.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On the website you linked it says they ship via AIR.  Why not surface?  Of course it would cost $125 or more to ship a case via Air.

Now you are starting to understand why some of us have a problem with Ammoman.  In past times he simply flat out refused to even consider shipping to HI and AK.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you are starting to understand why some of us have a problem with Ammoman.  In past times he simply flat out refused to even consider shipping to HI and AK.
Yea . Ever since he lost a bunch of business when he shafted an Arfcommer he changed his shipping policy .
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Try SurplusAmmo.com and ask him.
James is a great guy, he will do his best to make things right if there is a problem.
All us Guys at WAHTF flock to his table at the WAC shows.
I asked him about shippng to Fairbanks at the Janurary show just before I left Washington. John told me there was no problems and they had a good deal on barge prices. They ship out of the Port of Tacoma.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

UPS and FedEx will not ship hazmat/explosives surface, and I don't think USPS will take any explosives period.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

UPS and FedEx will not ship hazmat/explosives surface, and I don't think USPS will take any explosives period.

Since when?  We receive ammo from these two companies at Magnum all the time.  However, it's usually small quantities or speacial orders (A couple of cases of Weatherby ammo, for example).  The large shipments of palletized ammo come via freight forwarders... HIFA, Triple B, and so on.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You have it backwards.  UPS and FedEx won't ship hazmat/explosives via AIR.  You can ship surface but you have to pay the hazmat charge.  Some ammo companies will ship to you via UPS ground for free in the lower 48.  I've shipped ammo within the state using UPS (Fairbanks to Anchorage).

There is no ground shipping to/from Alaska though, it all goes by air.  Recently, FedEx and possibly UPS have added Ground interstate shipping for Alaska, they simply fly it when it gets as far as it can go via ground.  As such, I don't know if they will accept hazmat shipments for Alaska since it has to go on a plane one way or another.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:

Since when?  We receive ammo from these two companies at Magnum all the time.  However, it's usually small quantities or speacial orders (A couple of cases of Weatherby ammo, for example).  The large shipments of palletized ammo come via freight forwarders... HIFA, Triple B, and so on.

Pages 4 and 8 of this FedEx PDF appear to say they do not ship ground, unless I am totally misinterpreting the meaning of "ORM-D - Cartridges, Small Arm".  I can't find the page on UPS where I found their policy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Reread the FedEx guide you referenced.  On page 4 it lists Cartridges, Small Arms (ORM-D) under "FedEx Ground Acceptable Hazardous Materials.

On page 8, it lists no shipping of ammo to places like Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico - in otherwords - the places that can only go via Air service.

FedEx and UPS Ground services is fine, but you are limited to the contiguous 48 states or intrastate in Alaska or on Hawaii/Puerto Rico.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Ahh, I finally see where the confusion is; I meant to say that UPS and FedEx will not ship ground/surface to Hawaii.  That was in reference to the statement that ammoman is ripping us off at $125/case for air shipment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top