Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2006 9:42:21 PM EDT
Our next HRA/LIFE* fun shoot even will be held on Sunday October 29, 2006 from 12:00 to 3:30 (rain or shine) at the kokohead shooting complex on the LIFE range (first shooting bay on the left as you as enter the complex). Bring eye and hearing protection, drinks, snacks, hat, chair, guns and all the ammo you want (200+ is recommended). The general itinerary is as follows:

0900 - 1130 HRA borad member and LIFE instructors only.
12:00 Signing of forms
12:15 Safety briefing (participants for the afternoon MUST be present)
12:30 Sight-in and start **
14:00 Break
14:30 Free shooting time. wood blocks will be available as well as bottle busting***
16:00 Cleanup and Close
If we have time, or for people not participating in the match, are welcome to safely shoot on the side. Remember that this range can only handle 7.62x39 or smaller.

* HRA = Hawaii Rifle Association (Hawaii Branch of NRA), LIFE = Lessons In Firearms Education (the only non-profit organization dedicated to the education of proper firearms handling)

** This session will build on the last sesson of shooting fundamentals. We will be going over industry standard practices on clearing the three types of malfunction clearing drills for handguns.  We will also be going over the industry standard practices of proactive/reactive loading procedures and their uses.  If there is time, we will run the stanard 50/60 round police qualification course.  If anyone knows what the specific HPD course is, let me know.

I have been asked countless times to detail the differences of the various handung available on the market.  If anyone is interested, I can also go over the various pistol operating systems and discuss why they are designed the way they are.

*** Free time is open to shooting any size handgun and rifles 7.62x39 or smaller (sorry no .308/7.62x51, etc. at this short distance). Bring out any plastic bottles (no glass) filled with water, wet phone books, wooded scraps, etc... to shoot at. This is always a fun time for all. Also bring a trash bag to pick up your stuff that you bring out as well. As a reminder, we will be holding a cold range with guns only loaded on the firing line just before shooting. Holster use will only be allowed for those individuals who have completed the previous holster seminars.

Please bring your own cardboard and sticks for your use.  We will have some available for use if you forget, but it is better to have nice sticks and boards than our crappy ones anyway.  Donations of your materials to our cause will be recieved with gratitude.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there anything in particular you want to do?  You guys want to do wet phone books with capture targets with other various ammo?  I got some steel core .223 as well as some of that Israeli stuff.  I have gotten requests to review the holster drills and malfunction clearing.  We have a range time where we are not limited to distance, or speed of shots.  I can go over shooting double taps vs. controled pair shot sequences, if anyone is interested.  Anyone want to try shooting from position 3?  Speed or head shot drills from ready?  Sul, 3rd eye, and other ready/movement/holding positions?  We can discuss concealed carry options and the triangle of accessibility, concealability and comfort.  I can reveiw shotgun and rifle.  You want to try gun transitioning with and without slings?  Or anything else you want to try or learn about?  Let me know and I'll do my best to prepare a lesson.  Just remember that anything with regards to engaging the targets with combatives would be beyond what I would be allowed to do.

I would love to get into barricade work, shooting on the move, contact shooting, point shooting, force on force with guns, knive and epmty handed, etc... some real deal gunning combatives, but alas, i can not as this is not my range or my rules.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, no response at all....oh well.

The upcoming shoot in November will be the last for the year and will be a big match with prizes donated by the Kaneohe Gun shop.  I think it would be fun for everyone to bring something to donate for a prize as well.  We'll put everything in a pile and the top scorers will get first dibs.  Bring a box or ammo, a nice folding chair, a set of scope rings, a decent knife, etc... whatever you don't use but don't want to throw away either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
i plan to go.  doesnt matter what you decide to go over as anything would interest me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you post any pics on Daniels website, wont be able to make a shoot til next summer but Ill keep up with whats going on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Check here as well as kaneohegs.com for updates.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
a question for you -

Why are these types of events always held on Sundays?  Being the religious freak that I am precludes me from attending.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Same here... I got to rush back home to kailua from Church(queen st.) to grab my guns and then head out to kokohead intime for the safety meeting. It's Fun but tiring.
How about mondays?(my dayoff)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Sundays is difficult for some, I know.  But that's just the way it is.  We are scheduled into 2nd and 4th sunday slots and that's were are.  I am sure you can work these events into your scheule as well as hear the word of God.  I am at the range from 0730 all the way through the end for these things.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Had a good day , even if I had to leave early.
Got my Galil reciever too It was the LAST one. Shipped to AL instead because the need for a quick FFL.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Had a good day , even if I had to leave early.
Got my Galil reciever too It was the LAST one. Shipped to AL instead because the need for a quick FFL.

This gonna be a .223?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, Parts Kit from Century with new barrel ($275) . ORF reciever ($340), multiple 35 round IMI mags from CDNN. ($5).
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yep, Parts Kit from Century with new barrel ($275) . ORF reciever ($340), multiple 35 round IMI mags from CDNN. ($5).
Sweet, new all youre gonna need are the shorties, minus the whole SBR barrel thing.  Im sure there is some kind of muzzle attachment that wouldnt look like ass on a micro Galil, I see those parts kits on gunbroker all the time as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top