Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:54:55 PM EDT
Who if anybody shoots there frequently?  I always thought you had to sign up through MWR and get a membership to shoot, but today I was told by one of the Marines that I should just show up, as someone is always manning the ranges on the weekends.  Do they need a post registration for firearms like Schofield?  Puuloa is pretty convinient being it is only a 5 minute drive from my house, and the rules and regulations are so much better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a Fedreal Law that must allow the General Public use of all Federal RIFLE ranges.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I do believe you need to be a member to shoot.  It's cheap though, like $20/yr.  Anyone can shoot in the matches.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have also shot at K-bay.  You need to be sponserd on by an active duty Marine.  The shoots take place twice each month on Friday afternoons.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Im already active duty so that wont apply.  Im gonna call tomorrow if I ever get time during work to find out for sure what the requirements are, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#5]
nf,
  email or IM me sometime and I'll tell you what I know about Puuloa...  2 SBCT master gunners run the ranges down there for the Army and have co-use priveleges with the USMC.  They are the ones who host, RSO/OIC, and help train us for our SR&GC combat pistol shoots once a month.  We just shot there all day last Sunday.  You are missing out on a good deal.

Copperhead
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nf,
  email or IM me sometime and I'll tell you what I know about Puuloa...  2 SBCT master gunners run the ranges down there for the Army and have co-use priveleges with the USMC.  They are the ones who host, RSO/OIC, and help train us for our SR&GC combat pistol shoots once a month.  We just shot there all day last Sunday.  You are missing out on a good deal.

Copperhead

Ive been doing ranges for my battalion there for the last 2 weeks myself, they are qualifying on the far back range as I type.  Ill shoot you a email concerning the next scheduled fun time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
are you in 3-25?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
209th.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
too bad, was thinking I might run into you in my new battalion...  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Your arms rooms are right next to mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top