Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 8:03:54 PM EDT
I was checking out Cheaper than dirt and noticed they don't ship to Alaska, and therefore, get a huge "Suck my fucking dick you faggots" in my book.

Where's a decent online place to buy bulk ammo, in.. say... 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was checking out Cheaper than dirt and noticed they don't ship to Alaska, and therefore, get a huge "Suck my fucking dick you faggots" in my book.

Where's a decent online place to buy bulk ammo, in.. say... 7.62x39?

Well said.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Well said.

Yeah, I feel it to be an adequate expression of how I felt at the time.  And, more to the point, still do.

And so... back on topic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The reason they dont ship to Alaska is it is cost prohibitive.  Ask any of the guys who do ammo buys.  If you dont order a truck load, you cant make it work.

AMGA as well as MGNIKO usually do a group buy at some point in the year.  If you want ammo this is the time to buy it.  Save up your money and get in on some good deals.  

All ammo must be barged up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hm... might have to look into it.

Roughly what times of year do they show up in Fairbanks?  Or shit, even Anchorage will work for me I guess.  I like having an excuse to visit the ol' anchortown every now and then, and 5k rounds of ammo is just as good an excuse as any.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Give Terry Miller in Healy a call
He maybe able to hook you up with out waiting
Hell be in town for the April Patty Gym show

Google Denali Dome Bed and Breakfast and that is him

Good guy

As for when other GB's are happening, just keep an eye out in the hometown section.

Chris Mannino just did one in Fairbanks recently
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Need to get some group buys going on ammo...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've tried to contact a couple freight forwarding companies but none will do ammo.  If you find one, let me know.  I know a couple guys that will pick up 5.56 and possibly some .308 and 30-06.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've tried to contact a couple freight forwarding companies but none will do ammo.  If you find one, let me know.  I know a couple guys that will pick up 5.56 and possibly some .308 and 30-06.

Dp you guys have Sealand?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I use Pacific Alaska Forwarders.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Sportsman Guide will ship ammo to Alaska. You will need to order at least 20K rounds, maybe more, to make it cost effective. They will give you a shipping quote if you know what you want to order.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to use SPAN Alaska, they do ammo freight.  MGNiko uses another.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Sportsman Guide will ship ammo to Alaska. You will need to order at least 20K rounds, maybe more, to make it cost effective. They will give you a shipping quote if you know what you want to order.

I'm not looking for cost effective so much as... well... availability.  Sometimes Fairbanks can be kinda dry for certain types of ammo.

Not an issue right now at all, seeing as how I have neither the AK or money for ammo.  But, just wondering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top