Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 10:59:25 AM EDT
We have had no less than 12 inches and probably closer to 14 inches of snow at my house over the weekend.  Shoveled twice on Saturday, twice on Sunday and will need to shovel again when I get home tonight.

That and the a holes on snowmachines who find it necessary to run up and down our cul de sac after midnight
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
tell me about it.  I didn't bother on Saturday but Sunday I was out twice.

my neighbor is one of those people he'll be in his house all day not doing anything 11:30pm he gets the urge to go riding.  I think my driveway is the designated turn around spot on my street but only after it snows before I have a chance to shovel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
While I am not the snowmobile that you describe, I do understand their liking to ride at night. At night flat light isn't a problem. You can see every small bump with your headlight. During a cloudy day it sucks as flat  light inhibits going fast.

I like to enjoy late night rides, although I usually go around 1-3AM. It's nice to come home and unwind with a nice night ride. Unlike the guy your describing I don't stick around the neighborhood. I run the machine just long enough to get it warm and than I take it to where it shouldn't bother anyone.

It's people as uafgrad and Alaskagrown describe that ruin it for everyone in the form of EPA regulations, and noise regulations.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
spent about three hours sunday shoveling at work.  i had just finished and the plow truck shows up to help.  im glad it snowed, made the roads much better at least for a little.  havent heard to many snowmobilers.  up here most ride when its warm, even though the snow is better in the cold.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
What is S-N-O-W?

We have had 6 inches of rain at our house over the last week.  Does that count?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:59:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
WTF its -36 again???
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WTF its -36 again???

Couldnt have said it better myself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top