Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 10:06:56 PM EDT
Hey gang...  I've got the week off and want to go snowmachining this coming weekend.  However, this recent weather SUCKS!  I've been looking around all the weather websites and it looks like Eureka might be good.  So, my question is... Has anybody been through there recently?

~Dg84  

ETA:  Any Snowmachiners here?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I had this t-shirtI boiought from an airport gift shop with a weather map over Alaska

The captions read:

"Increasingly shitty"

"Fairly shitty"

"Unbeliveably shitty:

"Always shitty"

etc

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually got rained on while snowmaching this weekend near the Boulder Creek trail. On the other hand the snow was waist deep. It was right around 30 degrees, so Eureka should be cooler, but this weather is wierd enough that anythign could happen.
i cant even find the words to describe the suckieness of this weather.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear ya bro...  

After living up here for 9 years I finally broke down and got a snowmachine last year.  I mostly sled around Trapper Creek and P-ville.  Last years was so amazine...  I had never been in powder like I was a year ago.  Needless to say I got spoiled, so this year is a freakin' bummer.  Hopefully Eureka is good, I sure do miss deep lowder riding.

~Dg84

Do I hear the sound of an ARFCOM ride in the future?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Took a ride down to Summit yesterday. It was snowing when we got down there so we weren't able to go back very far. We did however make it to first aid, but turned around. It was some of the worst flat light that I had ever seen. Couldn't tell whether it was a hill in front of you or a cliff. The snow sucked. It was windblown as all hell. We did however find some powder in the shielded areas of the valley. It was still all in all a good day of riding.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Glennallen right now and conditions are very nice for snowmachining.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had this t-shirtI boiought from an airport gift shop with a weather map over Alaska

The captions read:

"Increasingly shitty"

"Fairly shitty"

"Unbeliveably shitty:

"Always shitty"

etc

That's not what I heard AK's weather was like.

What I heard was:

Cold

Wet

Mosquito's

Merlin

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
We are in a blizzard on the slope right now, winds going up to 50.  Yet it's warm, only 0-ish.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a little comforting since I'm may be going back to Milne Point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top