Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:46:13 PM EDT
I just saw 3 flashes of lightning....weird.  Could not tell where they were at exactly because of the overcast, but everything just lit up.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
This weather is down right crazy.  We're talking damn near a 50 degree sing from last friday.  I sure hope it's snowing up north, I need to get the Ski-Doo out again.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard it was a pretty good show. I had 3 aircraft report lightning last night. 1 on departure from Valdez, and 2 going into and coming out of Kodiak.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Ligthing storms are rare up here . Enjoy the show .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys have all the fun

I am enjoying the warm tropical weather in Fairbanks right now.  0 sure beats the hell out of -50 any day
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ligthing storms are rare up here . Enjoy the show .

we had a bunch in the summer...for a while we were even getting afternoon rain showers here in Seward.  They were really common over on the Kenai side.

But in the middle of winter?

And I thought there had to be some accompanying thunder to do with lightning?

Can anyone tell I was born here since I do not know sh*t about this stuff?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top