Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 9:47:11 PM EDT
Who does everybody order mags from?  I was going to order some new yugo mags with the bolt hold open feature from akparts.com, but apparently the guy running the site doesnt know that only pistol mags are restricted in Hawaii.  Wheres a good place to get these mags from a guy who will ship them here?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Explain & Send 'um a copy of the HRS Law. Stateing the "PISTOL MAG" restiction.
Many Vendors have deaf ears and simply DONT CARE. Some are convinced some will never. As there are 51 States laws and 1000's of counties. I know for a fact: They usaully get the incorrect  info from the Local ATF agents which is very "official sounding" to them.

CFS also refused to send to HI , but sent me the mags after 3 weeks of their review of HRS-134-8(c).
This is the page I sent
Offical Hawaii Goverment site link:

www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol03_Ch0121-0200D/HRS0134/HRS_0134-0008.HTM

(c) The manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of detachable ammunition magazines with a capacity in excess of ten rounds which are designed for or capable of use with a pistol is prohibited. This subsection shall not apply to magazines originally designed to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition which have been modified to accept no more than ten rounds and which are not capable of being readily restored to a capacity of more than ten rounds.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Been buying mine off the EE a few at a time. I'm waiting for that perfect confluence, someone who'll ship AK mags to Hawaii via USPS rather than via brown or ex.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
you might want to try cope's distributing. they had a bunch of mags and other items for ak's. call and order and they would be willing ship via priority mail to hawaii. great service and excellent items.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
All ive heard is good things about  cope's distributing.
They are on top of the Hawaii mag issue , too
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered a few mags along with the rear trunnion that I need for the romy kit, glad to see they use USPS too, unlike Kvar which only ships UPS ($20 difference).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top