Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 12:11:48 AM EDT
The only thing I can think of is somehow tossing the BATF yoke off of us here, other than that, I can't think of a gun friendlier place in the US.  

What else can be done?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Seperate from the US and repeal the 68 National Firearms Act
Leglislate that each resident who is legal be issued a NIB Sig 552 to defend the pipeline
Build a indoor 1000 yrd rifle range in Fairbanks

Otherwise
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Does all LEO "sign" in the Great North?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Does all LEO "sign" in the Great North?
MG,SBR,Suppresors,AOW,etc?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes and No.  In Anchorage borough, the CLEO refuese to sign form 4's unless the applicant jumps through numerous hoops and expenses.  BS, but he will eventually sign for anything.

I agree, though, that succession is the only option.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Time to get a "Airplane Single-eng Sea" rating and MOVE.....
But I hate flying ADF/NDB  near the Artic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes and No.  In Anchorage borough, the CLEO refuese to sign form 4's unless the applicant jumps through numerous hoops and expenses.  BS, but he will eventually sign for anything.

I thought that the leo signoff was compulsory now if there was no reason not to signoff?  there was a ruckus about  it a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Not exactly gun-related, but the legislature's considering a bill based on Florida's recently passed law that gives more leeway to victims of aggression to defend themselves (i.e., they dont have to be in life-threatening peril or unable to escape before being legally able to use deadly force against an assailant).
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck getting signed off in Juneau. You'd have a better chance of getting an m16 in cali.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that the leo signoff was compulsory now if there was no reason not to signoff?  there was a ruckus about  it a couple years ago.

You still have to get a CC permit, fill out the application (5 or 10 pages of BS questions) wait for  the background check, schedule the interview, then wait till they call to say you are signed off.

You dont have to get the permit but you do have to take the class. I found this out AFTER I spent my 200 or whatever for the little plastic card. Thats another tax stamp
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Gun wise as a state there is not much left .

BUT .

I think maybe some one should look into changing the auto knife laws .
Us mere peons could use the change . Hell they will let us carry a gun with no permit , but we can't have an auto knife .

There was plenty of times fishing I could have used an auto . Sure my Kershaw is fast , but it is a bitch to hit that lever with a double glove on . Shit lets face it , if you go over in the seine of with the pot you have seconds to get untangled and up or you are a dead man .
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Screw the CLEO's!  Just go corporate, best choice I ever made 6 years ago.  Costs me a couple hundred bucks a year (no biggie) and the benefit is no sign off, prints, or photos.  They can sit & spin!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Gun wise as a state there is not much left .

BUT .

I think maybe some one should look into changing the auto knife laws .
Us mere peons could use the change . Hell they will let us carry a gun with no permit , but we can't have an auto knife .

There was plenty of times fishing I could have used an auto . Sure my Kershaw is fast , but it is a bitch to hit that lever with a double glove on . Shit lets face it , if you go over in the seine of with the pot you have seconds to get untangled and up or you are a dead man .

Good point, and knives with thumbstuds are just as fast opening in most circumstances, if not faster, and the Kershaw and other assisted opening knives are legal, I see no reason for the autoknife laws either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't know many people that pay attention to the autoknife laws up here anyway...  Seen a lot of them.

YEa, but it will end up being one of them things where everyone will be breaking the law, but it will be selectively enforced when they feel like really turning the screws on someone.  I hate that.

I think a good 20% of the population has an autoknife up here, at least of those I know, and even my Mom wants one because of her arthritis.  

This is what happens when lawmakers see West Side Story I guess.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know many people that pay attention to the autoknife laws up here anyway...  Seen a lot of them.

YEa, but it will end up being one of them things where everyone will be breaking the law, but it will be selectively enforced when they feel like really turning the screws on someone.  I hate that.
Eggzackery and I refuse to be the poor basterd the screws get turned on for it .

I think a good 20% of the population has an autoknife up here, at least of those I know, and even my Mom wants one because of her arthritis.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eggzackery and I refuse to be the poor basterd the screws get turned on for it .

So who's ear do we twist and try and get it removed?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

When was the last time you drove 66 miles an hour?  LAWBREAKER!!!  The law isn't selectively enforced, it's selectively targeted.  Vagrancy, public drunkenness, disturbing the peace.  All of these laws, including the autoknife law, are targeted at the criminal element.  They intend to use the laws to suppress the lawless type whether or not they are doing anything felonious.  In the south, these laws were generally targeted at Black People.  Think about the laws against "Saturday Night Specials."  They target, what... CHEAP GUNS.  In the south, it's the Black people that are poor and unable to afford these guns.  Gun and weapon laws invariably target the poor and further disarm them to the pleasure of criminals who generally also target the poor (now unarmed).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top