Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 9:39:21 PM EDT
Anyone on the B.I. intrested in doing a group ammo order?  I'm sick of paying $110 for a 500 box of 7.62.  Looking to order 4000+ rounds of 7.62, and possibly .223.  Post up if your intrested.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hazmat fees and freight fowarders fee do add up. Its a bitch to get cheap ammo like the mainland.
although im not on the BI.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested, looking at .223, .308 and .30-06 and maybe some 7.62x55R.  Are you looking at any vendors in particular?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven't picked a vendor yet.   I have never orderd ammo before so Im doing my homework before I take the plunge.   Even though shipping and hazmat fees will add up,  I think that it will be cheaper then buying it locally.  With wolf 7.62 going for $6.50 for a box at Kona Reloads, and  a 500 box of silver bear going  for $110 at Z-sports Im willing to try.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
 AK_Mike had a thread dated 8/5, keyword ammo, about some rates he's gotten for shipping to AK.  You can check it out.  Seems like century and aim surplus are some of the names I've heard.  If we could find an ammo seller in cali that would probably make it easier and cheaper, they could ship it out of long beach.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Im on Oahu but hazmat makes this not worth it. Just bring your 10 lbs back each time you come from the mainland and deal with the markup from the gunshops. Curious if Walmart sells ammo on BI? they dont here, sports authority does though.

ETA: May be a long shot but contact your .mil bases there about surplus and or ammo aval if you join a shooting club.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't left the island since 2000.  I don't travel since I can't stand dealing with TSA BS.  I plan on joining the Big Isand GC next month and it's my understanding they do bulk purchases and sales to members.  Wally world doesn't sell ammo or guns here.  I wonder what corporate genius made that decision.  KMart in Kona sells ammo but will run out at times.  On the rare occasion I'm in Kona I'll make a stop.  Ace Hardware in Kamuela used to have good prices but I haven't been through there in a while, I don't even know if they're still in business.  Here in Hilo we've got Z Sports and Hara Store up in Kurtistown.  Pretty slim pickings for an island of close to 140k in population.  I wonder where everyone is getting there ammo from?  If there are any other sources on the big island I'm sure someone will chime in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't ever remember ACE selling ammo in Waimea.  I think it was a True Value that we used to buy from, out by HPM and Napa.  Speaking of Hilo, how are the ranges there?  I've been way out of the loop for 6 or 7 years now, but I'm looking to get back into shooting on a semi-regular basis.  Last time I went to a range it was Shooter's Choice and Costco had just opened...  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]
You're right, it was true value.  Hilo had the Keaukaha Mil. Reservation Range which was really nice if you were .mil, I heard they had shut down pending an expansion of the facility.  BI Gun Club used to have a nice range out at Hakalau Mauka but they lost the lease.  They now have a range out in Glenwood but I haven't  joined yet so I'm not sure what it's like.  You could always pull right at the 16 mm of saddle road for some target practice.  Probably a good idea to have your hunting license and a dog w/ you.  Never know if the DOCARE personnel are around.  Supposed to be a range up in North Kohala and another in Kona somewhere,  not sure where it is but I saw them on local tv doing some cowboy action style shooting.  I did shoot at shooters choice before they went out of business.  Guess they couldn't find enough japanese tourists to keep them in the black.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the suggestions.  Looks like I'll need to check on the range in Kohala; Glennwood is a little too far from Waimea.  The "range" in Kona was pretty small and SA shooting only.  We took it down for them a month ago so a well could be drilled there.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't ever remember ACE selling ammo in Waimea.  I think it was a True Value that we used to buy from, out by HPM and Napa.  Speaking of Hilo, how are the ranges there?  I've been way out of the loop for 6 or 7 years now, but I'm looking to get back into shooting on a semi-regular basis.  Last time I went to a range it was Shooter's Choice and Costco had just opened...  

Manuka is a good place to shoot, but it is kind of far from Waimea.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top