Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 2:30:08 PM EDT
After what seems like an eternity my AR build will be complete soon.  I finally decided on a 16"mid-length barrel.  It will be a true mutt.  Bushmaster A2 lower, Mega flat top upper, RRA middy barrel and I am thinking of getting an MI BUIS.  

Eventually I will get either the YHM or DD FF handguards and am still debating on optics between the EOtech and Aimpoint although with my budget it will probably be a holosight and Tacpoint.

Bill at Protek is waiting on his middy's to get here hopefully the mail will be quick and by Friday it will be built.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
any update ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
waiting on a barrel

RRA charged Bill at Protec's account Monday so the shipment should be here hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.  

I have been getting anxious to shoot it since it is my first AR , I have had the lower for close to 8 months now just saving up to get it part by part Mike was kind enough to let me throw one of his uppers on it so that I could shoot the lower.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i scored one nicely ... guy owed me cash so I got a complete DPMS lower with 4 pos stock
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Midlength is a great choice. Use someones EOtech and Aimpoint then decide which you like best. Dont listen to what anyone says is the best. Waiting to see pics
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I have tried both and have decided on the EOTech when I get more money.

Unfortunately the shop was closed onFriday and Saturday due to a family emergency.  Hopefully everything is ok.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope Bill and the family are ok.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be stopping by there tonight and can let everyone know if he is open and things are good or if he is still closed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]
And here she is!

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks good, waiting on the range report.  Like it w/ the 20 rounder on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top