Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 3:26:56 AM EDT
ok for assault weapons and handguns, limit on capacity?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
They are realitivly good compared to KALI.
Main ones are NO NFA, No Assult Pistols and NO  Mag over 10 rd for PISTOLS (Ar15, 10/22, Uzi, etc are PISTOL MAGS)
check the complete Laws here.:
http://www.mgawley.com/hrs134_2004.htm
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Main ones are NO NFA, No Assult Pistols and NO  Mag over 10 rd for PISTOLS (Ar15, 10/22, Uzi, etc are PISTOL MAGS)

Wasn't there a Hawaii post here saying something about the police decision to not consider the ar-15/m16 mags pistol mags... Could have sworn i saw it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't there a Hawaii post here saying something about the police decision to not consider the ar-15/m16 mags pistol mags... Could have sworn i saw it.

It is vary unclear but no one wants to go to jail testing it.  

Let SHTF over here and I bet there would more hi-caps than 10rd  mags.  That goes for both rifle and pistols.  

BTW - I obey all the laws.  I had to add that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
There was talk, haven't heard anything yet.  So, still banned.  Not sure why it's banned though, no AR pistols allowed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
It is a badly written law. the wording is "function in a Pistol".
So, an AR-15 mag will function in a Pistol , be it an AR-15 or other Pistols that acept that type of mag.
The 10/22 rifle mag will fuction in a Tec 22 Pistol, so all those 25 rd hot lips are illegal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
So who do we need to vote into office to start repealing the rediculous Hawaii gun restrictions?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You got my vote.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone did post that when his guns and gun accessories were taken away temporarily the police gave him an invoice that specifically recorded "30 round AR15 Magazine." He got them all back when things were cleared.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I spoke personally with the gentleman whose returned property receipt from HPD specifically stated "AR15/M16 30 round magazine".  We went over this with pages of posts a couple of months ago.  Even after all that, people are still overly cautious.  

I still work at Magnum Firearms at the intersection of Queen St and Ward Ave in Kakaako, and we have yet to be told by ANYONE with authority that AR15 hi-cap mags are illegal to sell to civilians.  We are currently selling recently manufactured D&H teflon coated 30 round mags with green followers to civilians and LEOs alike.  If you want them, you know where to get them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#10]
We really need the NRA presence in Hawaii to vote  these Liberal Dem politician out off office.
But yet there are no pro gun Conservative Rep , either.
It just not a Grassroot State.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top