BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2005 7:20:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No worries while the mod is out...  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll call if and get your password if the guys get out of hand....

Whare ya moving to?

And will the neighbors mind a little tannerite usage?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice house, looks like a quiet country manor. Real estate going crazy up there like it is in Hawaii?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
This sort of stress, delays, hurdles, and difficulties are common when buying a house, at least it has been in my experience.  Nothing out of the norm as far as I can tell.  You just have to roll with it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I think mortgage brokers do it on purpose, kinda like how I make fun of tourists......they are stuck with me and I ain't EVER gonna see them again.

Kidding aside, NOTHING ever goes right, on schedule, or as promised.  My closing was weeks lates because of the appraiser the seller hired, then because the closing was late, the seller wanted me to cough up rent.....I could not say "F you" fast enough.  My REA was a serious bulldog though and got things to go through as fast as possible.  Talk to your REA and see if he can at least put a little fear into the MB. you guys are out of contract and can walk away now without penalty, and if that happens, your MB does not get anything for that work he might have done already.  

IM me and get my HM #, I'll let you talk to the brains of the operation....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:04:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Had a 200yard range where I used to live, my neighbors are kinda whiney, so I try not to piss them off. I've got a nice little hill about 25 yards behind the house, but in the interests of neighborhood relations, I dont shoot much. my next place WILL be different, it sucks not being able to shoot off the back porch.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey! Look at me! I'm still here!

What the hell is it with mortgage brokers?  Supposed to close on the new house on the 28th.  No go.  On the 29th they call me asking for more info.  THEN he faxes the GF's work and no one tells anyone about it so instead of faxing it back right away, she finds it at 8PM (her day off, she stopped in at 8) so everything gets held back another weekend.  WTF!?!?!?  Don't they have a list of things they need or do they make it up as they go?  I swear you'd think this was the first time they have ever done this.

So now everyone involved is in a holding pattern waiting for the mortgage guy to come through, since he couldn't gather the correct info - say - a MONTH ago when this was still relatively stress free.

Is it worth it?
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?s AccountUnq=15301&iGalleryUnq=274&iImageUnq=40317

Nice lookin pad, hope everything goes through for you. I bought last fall and had much the same difficulty, when my GF (now wife) purchased her home they DID have a list of required items and there was no problems. For mine it was back and forth to the MB, the REA, the house, and every action took a week for any confirmation from the seller. I talk to REA, REA talks to sellers REA, Sellers REA talks to seller, seller thinks about it for a few days, replies to sellers REA, they speak with my REA, then the unnoticed fax sits around for 2 days before I find it...   this was not an exception, it was the staus quo.  We're selling our first house right now, doin FSBO instead though. My total selling budget has topped out at a $14.95 sign, got a full price offer and two buyers waiting if the deal falls through. I get to deal directly with the buyer for instant notification and resoloution of any issue/question and save that fat 6% commision! For $10k extra I don't mind dealing with a few phone calls!!

Theres my rant...  sorry
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#12]
When we bought our house it was amazingly easy, until...

Our house was an estate sale.  The exectuor of the estate is a priest in Ireland.  No big deal that is what Fed Ex is for.  Well we get down to the wire and the local attorney representing the estate says, oh by the way Father XXXX is leaving in 3 days to go to outer Mongolia for 9 weeks on a mission.  He will have no contact with the outside world until he returns to Ireland.  Holy Shit talk about major pucker factor.  Documents got there the day he was scheduled to depart and got Fed Ex'd back to us.  We were all holding our breath that he did everything correct, otherwise, I probably would still be house hunting

Chris
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This sort of stress, delays, hurdles, and difficulties are common when buying a house, at least it has been in my experience.  Nothing out of the norm as far as I can tell.  You just have to roll with it.

Like I said...

Doesn't mean you have to like it, rant on and join the chorus.  I am not looking forward to my own experience when it will come to it one day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
woohoo!  

Closed today - finally.  Can't believe my internet is still working here.  I told them to disconnect 2 weeks ago...

DOn't junp for joy too much, you may wait this long to get hooked back up...:)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#16]
CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:08:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top