Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2005 7:08:41 AM EDT
I am heading up to Anchorage this summer to vist a old high school crush. Where would be a really nice and romantic place to take her on a dinner date? She is into seafood and good scotch. Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks    
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Koots

Maybe Humpies?

Honestly I don't know . I don't realy do dates when I am in Anchortown .

But I do know that Bush company will test how stable a romance is .
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Koots, Humpies, and bush company. Are these bars/restraunts? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
2 are bars and one is a "BUSH" company

Orso's is nice, Simon adn Seiferts is very nice.  I believe that there is a very nice restruant at Alyeska which you take the tram up the mountain to get to.  It's about an hour south of Anchorage, very easy and very pretty drive.

Those are the three I can think of off the top of my head

Good Luck
Chris
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Koots and Humpies are worth going to though.  
You won't be dissapointed
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a reservation at The Crow's Nest, the restaurant at the top of the Captain Cook Hotel.  Ask for a reservation at table 38, the one in the corner.  Nice view, but it's a view of the city.  Anchorage isn't as nice as the landscape across the Cook Inlet.  Simon and Seafort's a block away has a view of that. Any fine dining restaurant in Anchorage will have good seafood. A really good restaurant I like for special occasions is Jens's.  But it's in a strip mall.  If you are there around July 14, he throws an annual party that might make up for it.  These are all fine dining restaurants, about $40-$50 per person.

Koots is a nightclub and bar.  Actually about 10 bars under one roof.

Humpy's is a packed and loud popular favorite.  Great place.  But romantic?  Not even.  Just a good place to hang out, drink and eat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Listen to them . They have the Anchortown edge on me . If you come to here I can fill ya in no sweat .
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys. Anything else that you can come up with would be cool. I have saved all of this info and will figure it out.
Iwill be there July22nd thru the 28th
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Looking at Seven Glaciers Restaurant. Anybody ever go there? Thanks for the input. Alaska Bush Company might be pushing it a tad bit. I might give it a try. Never know what might happen. Thanks again
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are planning on leaving the hotel, you might consider a short drive down to Seward.  Usually a good chance of seeing wildlife, fairly easy day trip, neat town.  Possibly could find a decent resturant there, though I haven't eaten there, so couldn't comment on that
Chris
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Seward is a option for this trip. I don't have a lot of time while Im there so I will have to plan things carefully. Too many things to see, not enough time. Thanks for the extra input
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Romanic, Seafood, Scotch

Only one place

Simon and Seforts, second place, Elevation 92

D
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info D. Will try to put it to good use. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top