Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2005 4:47:24 AM EDT

I'm going on vacation to the Big Island next week and want to know what if any I need to know before I take my handgun. I've traveled with it on airlines before but what I'm looking for is State regulations if any? Anyone help me out?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely NO CCW.  Every firearm entering the PR of Hawaii must be registered withing 72 hours of arrival.  That about it.

Oh yeah - no pistol mags over 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Noonan are you LEO?
This may get you around the CCW restrictions.  I would assume that LEO's under national carry are not bound by the 10 round rule either

Chris
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
None . O wait sorry . I keep forgetting I am not the big island in the forum anymore .
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
No I'm not LE.... but I do have a right to keep a handgun in my room. This then becomes my residence just like any other hotel while you're on travel. What's involved in registering it with the Dept? They just write down your dates of travel and where you're going to be staying or what?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much.  The also take your information the ser# of the handgun and issue a registration card.  It sucks.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]
How long is the process from begin to end?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top