Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 9:08:13 AM EDT
If anyone is interested in shooting with us please drop me a line.  If you bring the ammo we can loan the guns with prior arrangement.

I hope to see some of you there!

Matt
[email protected]

Subgun/NFA Shotgun Competitive Shoot
Birchwood "C" Range
Sunday Oct 17th
Set up 10AM
Registration 10:30AM
First shots 11AM
Fee ~$15 with an AMGA discount (cost depends on number of participants)

This event is open to subguns and NFA shotguns (SBS and AOW).  This will be shot in teams.  You don't need a team member to participate.  We'll pair people up the day of the event.  Both team members will be firing at the same time.  Shooters can fire the course on more than one team if they're shooting a different category of firearm.  If you're planning on shooting shotgun, bring your subgun along (and vice versa) and you can shoot on another team.

I'll have NFA shotguns for loan and we can arrange subguns for loan.
Contact me for details.

Events (subject to minor changes of course):

1) 2x4 cut.  Teams will shoot two to three 2x4s in half in the shortest amount of time.
2) Clay pigeon, bowling pin and steel target event number 1.  This should be self explanatory.
3) Clay pigeon, bowling pin and steel target event number 2.
4) The Bill Watson stage.  Let's keep this one a mystery but I will just say you probably haven't seen an event like this before.  It will take mag dumps to a whole new level.

Scoring:
1) Based on time.   Team with lowest cumulative time wins.
2) Missed targets add time penalties:
 a) Steel pins/bowling pins - 15 seconds
 b) Steel plates - 20 seconds
 c) Steel falling racks - 10 seconds per falling plate
 d) Clay pigeons - 10 seconds.

Ammo requirements:

1) Shotgun
 a) Any size shot is allowed.  I would recommend buckshot in order to knock the targets over.  No slugs are allowed.
 b) If you don't miss a target you can finish this event with 70 rounds.
I would bring extra! <grin>  It depends on how many rounds it takes your team to cut the 2x4s in half.  I'd plan on bringing 150-200.
2) Submachine gun.
 a) Any bullet type is allowed.
 b) If you don't miss you'll need 70+ rounds. 400-500 rounds might be a good estimate.  Bring extra ammo for the 2x4 events.  4 or more magazines are recommended.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Alas, I'll be there in spirit only.  I won't make it back to town till next year.  Sure would love to add another trophy to my starting collection.

P.S. Please let us know when the calendars are available, I'd like some.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is this gonna be held at?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Subgun/NFA Shotgun Competitive Shoot
Birchwood "C" Range
Sunday Oct 17th
Set up 10AM
Registration 10:30AM
First shots 11AM
Fee ~$15 with an AMGA discount (cost depends on number of participants)
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll let you know on the calendars.  We're still in the design stage but need to move pretty quickly due to the limited shelf life.  They'll probably run around $10 each so it will be very reasonable (to send as presents!).

We're hoping to incorporate significant dates in the calendar portion.  John Browning's birthday, AMGA meetings, etc.

If people can recommend significant gun dates that we should list I'd love to hear them!

[email protected] or I'll check this site if a discussion starts on it.

Thanks,

Matt
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Just my luck.  I'm coming home on the 18th.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#6]
hey matt, i'll be during the touron thing the week of your shoot.  any chance i can borrow someone's uzi?  i like an uzi that runs fine for it's owner and wife but  jams for out of state people.

does the bill watson stage consists of shooting from a british scout car?    
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm.....  You know about my infamous uzi that runs great for me and my wife but not for out-of-state guests?

Dan, is that you??? <g>

If you're coming to visit you better let your wife (my sister) know you're coming!

What time should I pick you up at the airport?

Matt
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#8]
how did ya guess?

wish i could make the trip.  looks like you'll have some wood to burn when you're done

have fun
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it all right if I come to just watch?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#10]
It sure is okay to just come to watch.  if you change your mind about shooting though, bring some buckshot or 9mm and we can arrange for you to borrow a gun.

As long as you're not a convicted felon that is! <g>

Matt
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have got this much molney $0 and this much ammo 0.  So if I make it I'll stick to watching.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top