Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 8:31:11 PM EDT
How do I vote while I'm on the slope.  I want to do my part to keep Kerry out!  When is the deadline?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you be a little more specific as to where on the Slope you are?  If you are in the oil fields, there will normally be a place for voting at the SA-10 facility, and larger villages usually have voting at a city hall.

If you are going to vote by absentee, you must request the absentee ballot.  You can get the form electronically but I believe you must physically mail it in and then you are good for a year.  Go here www.elections.state.ak.us/ for instructions and the form.

Good on you for voting, more people need to exercise this powerful right and do their duty.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm at the Alpine oilfield.  About 85 miles west of Prudhoe Bay and about 40 miles west of Kuparuk.  I will not be able to get into Deadhorse if the voting is donee there.  I look around that web site and find out what I'm going to do.  I'll probably just vote using the fax option.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I used to go to SA-10 in Deadhorse to vote.  I used to work our Oliktok station for years (at the end of the Spine road in Kuparuk, about 53 miles from Deadhorse and past the turn off for Alpine's winter road).  I looked at the website, I know you can fax in the absentee ballot request.  If you get mail at Alpine then it shouldn't be a problem to get the ballot and mail it back in.

Are the guards still armed?  A friend of mine brokered off their M-16's or at least some of them as well as handguns.  It kind of spooks me to see those bored undertrained security guards armed.

Did you know what the Census says the population of Prudhoe Bay is?  --> 4  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top